News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

What are you playing? (games)

Started by jtn191, April 22, 2016, 07:48:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EBRAddict

My eyes got misty at the end of Red Dead Redemption 2.

thesmokingman

Quote from: Willybomb on November 30, 2018, 12:18:08 AM
QuoteGoing from human soldiers to mutants of any kind in the same game instantly screams "We're going to ramp up the difficulty like you wouldn't believe!", and implies the difficulty curve is going to go logarithmic, if not exponential.

One of the Wolfenstein games did exactly that.  Actually, they probably all do, but it started out fairly bog standard and all a sudden (probably about half, 3/4 the way in) I was getting jumped by a random levitating armored robot zombie that depleted all my ammo.  Can't remember which Wolfenstein it was, may have been that reboot back in the early 2000's.
Return to Castle Wolfenstein ... they were called Lopers
once upon a time I was Tornado Alley FX

madbean

Quote from: thesmokingman on November 30, 2018, 03:10:04 PM
Return to Castle Wolfenstein ... they were called Lopers

My list of replays every year or two: entire Half-Life series, the Jedi Knight series and RTCW.

:)

I haven't had much time to play anything lately. But I did get a game called "Little Nightmares" on Steam for a few bucks. It's a decent 2.5d scroller. Not my favorite, but I do seem to like indie side scrollers a lot these days!

Willybomb

I keep meaning to go back and finish Blue Shift and Opposing force.  I should go back and finish RTCW.

madbean

Quote from: Willybomb on November 30, 2018, 05:18:07 PM
I keep meaning to go back and finish Blue Shift and Opposing force.  I should go back and finish RTCW.

They are all really worth. Plus, Black Mesa (HL1 in the Source engine) is a lot of fun!

Willybomb

Yeah, just checked out the gameplay of RTCW, and It's looking a little dated, not sure I enjoyed it all that much back then either so I might not worry about it.

Black mesa sounds cool.  Tried HL2, couldn't really get into it.

Picked up The Curse of Monkey Island for $1 at a garage sale today.

Freppo

Here's a few games that I picked up recently... Big box style. :)

I had a decent game collection when I was a young kid, but the boxes were all lost when I was moving around alot.
I still have the original discs and CD cases. So i'm trying to buy back the titles I once had (and love).

EBK

I really want to replay all of the Monkey Island games.  (Actually, I only played 3 of them back in the day).

Some memories:

a rubber chicken with a pulley in the middle (and a shop specializing in such)

the corrosive properties of grog

a giant cotton swab as a key

borrowing a book called Great Expectorations

winning sword fights through creative insults

sawing the peg leg off of a sleeping pirate

making vichyssoise avec rat hairs
"There is a pestilence upon this land. Nothing is sacred. Even those who arrange and design shrubberies are under considerable economic stress in this period in history." --Roger the Shrubber

juansolo

I've spent the last couple of weeks hacking my Wii and Wii U. Much of that has been spent trying to get HDDs to work with their utterly non-compliant USB ports (got there in the end). Now I'm reading all my games into them, which is taking some time. Once hacked though, man those things are probably the best consoles known to man. The Wii particularly, it's emulator support is incredible, and it's ability to output most of them at 240p is awesome. I also runs all my Gamecube games from HDD, so the Gamecube is now purely a Gameboy Advance :)
Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

somnif

Finished Uncharted 1 (oddly flat ending, like a weekly tv show of Indiana Jones)

Starting Uncharted 2. Shocking how much better the graphics and controls feel given its a game from the same generation. The plot logic still fails if you think about it for more than half a second, but at least I don't feel like I'm aiming with my elbows.

selfdestroyer

Quote from: juansolo on December 02, 2018, 01:09:53 AM
I've spent the last couple of weeks hacking my Wii and Wii U. Much of that has been spent trying to get HDDs to work with their utterly non-compliant USB ports (got there in the end). Now I'm reading all my games into them, which is taking some time. Once hacked though, man those things are probably the best consoles known to man. The Wii particularly, it's emulator support is incredible, and it's ability to output most of them at 240p is awesome. I also runs all my Gamecube games from HDD, so the Gamecube is now purely a Gameboy Advance :)

One of the things I remember with the WiiU was I had to use one of the USB cables that looks like a Y that has 2 USB ports that plug in to the WiiU. The USB ports on the WiiU do not output enofgh power to spin up a USB3 drive. I used a WD Slim 2TB drive on mine and used this cable:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005M0ICG2/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

juansolo

It's finicky as hell. I've been through 4 drive enclosures until I've got a pair that work.
Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

mjg

The family bought me Civilization VI for Xmas, so I guess there goes all my spare time for the next few months.  ;D

alanp

This is Juan's fault.

Fun, though.

I'm going to hold off trying Playstation games on it until the heatsinks arrive in the mail. It's got a ton of Sega Master System games on it though!
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

somnif

I got persona 5 for xmas. First JRPG I've played in ages, and it's sunk a ton of time the past few days.

Must... collect... everything...