What are you playing? (games)

Started by jtn191, April 22, 2016, 07:48:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

juansolo

Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

alanp

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VpiNDxssUL0

If you get motion sickness, you won't want to watch this. These guys must rule in deathmatch.
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

alanp

Quote from: Jay.lingelbach on October 07, 2019, 04:28:16 AM
No idea what your home diy setup is, but I made a bartop arcade running retropie.

... I think I want to know more about this home bar of yours.
- Terry Pratchett
My website

Govmnt_Lacky

No idea what your home diy setup is, but I made a bartop arcade running retropie.

It was a super fun project and would be a good father/son project depending on age.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Do you have a link for this? This looks fantastic!!!

flanagan0718

I just started Resident evil 7. So far so good. It's a little reminiscent of the first couple, seeming more like a puzzle game, but has good mechanics like 4 and 6. Excited to see how it plays out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

alanp

Picked up Space Hulk Deathwing Enhanced Edition.

The first mission is fun... until it turns into a hold position and deal with unending waves of enemies. Eventually, the healer runs out of potions (or whatever it is), and my little three man squad gets mobbed to death.

Anyone got any tips?
- Terry Pratchett
My website

juansolo

Finished Days Gone. There were a couple of bugs, but nothing I couldn't get around (after Andromeda, which I perversely enjoyed, it was a polished masterpiece). Really good game. Considering how much I don't like this generation of consoles, it's had some bloody good games on it!

Anyhow, just to show you how far behind I am in the backlog, I'm now playing Divinity Original Sin 2. I've started it a couple of times but gone on to other things. Now I'm 20 hours deep and man, if this isn't one of the best CRPGs I've ever played. Stunning game.
Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

EBK

Quote from: juansolo on October 20, 2019, 09:12:42 AM
Considering how much I don't like this generation of consoles, it's had some bloody good games on it!
No console will ever beat the NES in that regard.  8)
"There is a pestilence upon this land. Nothing is sacred. Even those who arrange and design shrubberies are under considerable economic stress in this period in history." --Roger the Shrubber

HamSandwich

Has anyone played Witcher 3? Just came out on the Switch and have considered picking it up. Haven't played any of the other Witcher games. I'm a big fan of Elder Scrolls, Dark Souls, Nioh, and the like - is Witcher 3 comparable?

somnif

Quote from: HamSandwich on October 23, 2019, 01:41:37 PM
Has anyone played Witcher 3? Just came out on the Switch and have considered picking it up. Haven't played any of the other Witcher games. I'm a big fan of Elder Scrolls, Dark Souls, Nioh, and the like - is Witcher 3 comparable?

Closer to Elder Scrolls than Dark Souls or Nioh. It is a fantastic game, like if Skyrim had a grizzled Private Detective as a protagonist.

BUT the combat mechanics are overly complicated and a bit clunky, the plot has pacing issues in the middle, and your horse is.... special, making getting around a bit of a chore at times.

If you don't have a PC to play it on, get it, you won't regret it.

If you do have a decent PC, get the PC version, it goes on sale several times a year and it's far prettier (they had to lock resolution to 540p and crunch the draw distances for portable, and it still chews through battery life, but at least the frame rate seems stable from reviews).

alanp

Played Space Hulk: Deathwing Enhanced Edition some more. I'm finding this game hard, really hard, but also really atmospheric. You can tell the devs really love 40k and the lore.

The difficulty sounds like some of the horror stories I've heard of Dark Souls playthroughs... if DS didn't have one of the worst cases of lazy, shitty, no-effort-put-in console port-itis I've ever seen. (Press Right Trigger... when the input method is set to goddamn keyboard/mouse... one day, I will dig up some mods and try DS again.)
- Terry Pratchett
My website

Willybomb

QuoteDivinity Original Sin 2
Bloody hard, that one.

Andlord

playing Borderlands 3 a lot lately. that game is soooo relaxing. game on...brain off...100% fun :D

harryklippton

I started hollow knight on Nintendo switch a few days ago and I'm hooked.

Jay.lingelbach

Quote from: alanp on October 13, 2019, 12:33:20 AM

... I think I want to know more about this home bar of yours.
https://youtu.be/JjN0kbcG9j0

I got the plans from this guys store. Used a raspberry pi running Retropi. You don't have to go full blown arcade machine to use the raspberry pi there are loads of cool cases to put it in. Think original nes or Atari cases.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro