News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Boxing up a g-02 and Swah by Guitar PCB

Started by markeprice, April 24, 2016, 07:54:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

markeprice

I have a G-02 and a SWAH board and noticed they do not fit in a 1590b....so, Are there any of you out there that have boxed one of these up?  I am just looking for ideas for the best way to box these up.  Pictures would be great.  THanks
Cuz they's made for Giggin!
Mark Price: owner frogpedals.com

galaxiex

Quote from: markeprice on April 24, 2016, 07:54:53 PM
I have a G-02 and a SWAH board and noticed they do not fit in a 1590b....so, Are there any of you out there that have boxed one of these up?  I am just looking for ideas for the best way to box these up.  Pictures would be great.  THanks

Ummmm, aren't those boards from Guitar PCB?

I have some pics of my GPCB SWAH I could post...
Fear leads to Anger, Anger leads to Hate, Hate leads to Suffering.

jimilee

He sells both boards.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

galaxiex

markeprice

Ok, thanks.  I was thinking I would have to go with a 1590bb in "portrait" configuration.   I notice you did the pots off-board, but I can fit 9mm alpha pots right on the board.  I wonder if the pot rotation would be the correct orientation if I board mounted the pots....  Clean looking build by the way.

Mark

galaxiex

Quote from: markeprice on April 25, 2016, 02:54:01 AM
Ok, thanks.  I was thinking I would have to go with a 1590bb in "portrait" configuration.   I notice you did the pots off-board, but I can fit 9mm alpha pots right on the board.  I wonder if the pot rotation would be the correct orientation if I board mounted the pots....  Clean looking build by the way.

Mark

Thanks!

Sorry, can't help with the pot rotation thing, tho I *think* it is designed to use the 9mm pots on board.
Maybe check the build doc.

markeprice

I like the boards, but his documentation is minimalist for sure.

EBRAddict

I have a GPCB G-2 in a 125B, I ran out of 1590B sometime last year and switched to 125B for a month or so.

I probably have the photoshop drill templates saved, I can send them as a PDF or JPG.

markeprice

That would be great.  I can PM you my email address if you like.

By the way, in defense of Grind Customs, on their site, they do have extensive documentation, and, though it isn't made obvious, I found some instructions for identifying the "pin" or contact on a pot as far as how he applies the identification anyway which is probably based on some agreed on standard. 

galaxiex

Quote from: markeprice on April 25, 2016, 08:01:15 PM
I like the boards, but his documentation is minimalist for sure.

Quote from: markeprice on April 26, 2016, 03:35:58 PM
That would be great.  I can PM you my email address if you like.

By the way, in defense of Grind Customs, on their site, they do have extensive documentation, and, though it isn't made obvious, I found some instructions for identifying the "pin" or contact on a pot as far as how he applies the identification anyway which is probably based on some agreed on standard.

Ummm, just to be clear...

These boards are not from Grind Customs. They are from GuitarPCB.

http://www.guitarpcb.com/apps/webstore/products/show/3456370

http://www.guitarpcb.com/apps/webstore/products/show/3496101

I checked Grind Customs website and I don't see these boards there?

markeprice

Oh man, I am sorry, you are right.  I always get those mixed up in my head.  I will try to be more careful with that.  I will edit that out of the Subject on my messages

galaxiex

Quote from: markeprice on April 26, 2016, 04:21:55 PM
Oh man, I am sorry, you are right.  I always get those mixed up in my head.  I will try to be more careful with that.  I will edit that out of the Subject on my messages

LOL no worries. I get stuff mixed up all the time.
I blame it on the "old guy syndrome", cuz i'm like... an old guy... ya know.

markeprice