News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Plexi Legacy

Started by k.rock!, July 19, 2011, 11:06:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

slimtriggers

That seriously kicks ass!!  VERY nice job 8)

k.rock!

Quote from: dwstanford on July 20, 2011, 04:31:08 AM
beautiful.  i like the logo.  is that a waterslide decal?  it looks great.

Thanks dude! Yes, it's a full-face white waterslide decal ;)

Quote from: night-B on July 20, 2011, 09:31:15 AM
Professionnal looking build  ;)
Thanks for the files

No problem bud! :)

Quote from: gtr2 on July 20, 2011, 11:09:59 AM
Great work Kaleb!  You're recent stuff is really top notch!

Josh

Hey man thanks! It means a lot really,  :) And congrats on that honorary beaner thing! haha :D I see Haberdasher has one too which means to me you guys are kickin' ass!

Quote from: slimtriggers on July 20, 2011, 12:48:17 PM
That seriously kicks ass!!  VERY nice job 8)

Thanks bro! This thing just sounds so rock n' roll I just wanna knock down doors while I play it haha

-Kaleb

God bless!
www.kalebromero.com

snz728

A work of art! excellent stuff

masterlk

Bravo...that is soooo cool dude! I love the artwork and the layout is perfect for that enclosure. Well done grasshopper!

mjcyates

Great job! That pedal rocks.

k.rock!

Thanks very much guys! :D

Yeah, it's a 1790NS enclosure. I think that size enclosure is about the smallest you can go to save room on your pedalboard, but also you're able to stomp each switch comfortably. Plus it has plenty of room to do a good layout inside and out. ;)  So bottom line for me, 1790NS is the enclosure to use with this project.

-Kaleb
God bless!
www.kalebromero.com

gtr2

Thanks.  It brings a tear to my eye.  :'(
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

redbean

es là-bas!!

k.rock!

So I have a quick question for you guys. I was playing this pedal last night and I used a Tele and a Les Paul. Both sounded incredible with the bridge pickups. However, when using both pickups with the Tele or LP, I can hear a subtle but noticeable high frequency whine over the sound. It's not something crazy though, I can easily fix it rolling off the tone knob a little bit, but it is somewhat annoying that I would have to do this.

Now, I've read a few people having issues with MAX1044 "whine". Is this the same issue? I have the MAX1044A from SB. Would changing this IC fix this issue, or should I look into increasing or decreasing one of the ceramic caps in the circuit?

(I'm aware I'm under Build Reports, but if becomes a tech help conversation I'll move the conversation out of here :))

Thanks guys!

-Kaleb
God bless!
www.kalebromero.com

gtr2

Try jumpering pin 8 V+ to pin 1 boost.  It may move the high pitched whine out of the audio band.

Josh
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

k.rock!

Quote from: gtr2 on July 21, 2011, 01:19:19 PM
Try jumpering pin 8 V+ to pin 1 boost.  It may move the high pitched whine out of the audio band.

Josh

How do you know these things?! haha alright bro, thanks. I'll give it a shot tonight. ;)

-Kaleb
God bless!
www.kalebromero.com

k.rock!

Wait...wouldn't that bypass my tone and volume though? Cause looking at the schematic, if I place a jumper between 1 and 8 I will be basically shorting a bunch of things there... :-\

Not trying to disregard your suggestion, I'm just trying to make sense out of that suggestion :)
God bless!
www.kalebromero.com

gtr2

Kaleb,

I was talking about the 1044 IC  but I just looked at the boneyard schematic and pin 1 and 8 are already connected.  Sorry...

Josh
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

k.rock!

Quote from: gtr2 on July 21, 2011, 01:32:15 PM
Kaleb,

I was talking about the 1044 IC  but I just looked at the boneyard schematic and pin 1 and 8 are already connected.  Sorry...

Josh

Woops!  :-[  haha my bad...I messed up looking at the wrong chip. It's ok man, thanks for clearing it up though :)

If you or anybody else have another suggestion let me know!

Edit: I went ahead and posted into the Tech Help section so if anybody has a suggestion, please go here: http://www.madbeanpedals.com/forum/index.php?topic=2290.0

Thanks all.

-Kaleb
God bless!
www.kalebromero.com

bigmufffuzzwizz

I totally missed this! It looks soo good! I'm in total awe, the end product is really fantastic. And your wiring inside has improved tons. I can understand not wanting to let this one go.
As I see more people get the waterslide decals down I'm reminded that's something I need to revisit. Great job!! :)
Owner and operator of Magic Pedals