Main Menu

Lab Series L5 preamp in a pedal

Started by aion, May 02, 2016, 01:03:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LedZepp007

This looks amazing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Droogie

Sorry to hijack/necro the thread, but had a similar experience with a waterclear in the compLED slot with my second build of this guy. Very gated and unusable with the comp dial counterclockwise. I took out the LED and all is good—sounds exactly like the first build (no comp LED in that one). I'll probably try a diffuse just to see if I can get it going. Great sounding pre!!
Chief Executive Officer in Charge of Burrito Redistribution at Hytone Electric

galaxiex

Sooooo, where is everyone sourcing the (hard to find) pots for this project?

Specifically the  two 2.5KA and the dual gang 100KC both in PC mount.

I finally got around to building mine and I'm having trouble finding these.  :(

TIA
Fear leads to Anger, Anger leads to Hate, Hate leads to Suffering.

slacker775

Quote from: galaxiex on October 17, 2016, 02:49:31 PM
Sooooo, where is everyone sourcing the (hard to find) pots for this project?

Specifically the  two 2.5KA and the dual gang 100KC both in PC mount.

I finally got around to building mine and I'm having trouble finding these.  :(

TIA

I'm having the same issue.  My guess is that people are using A2K with lugs and just soldering on legs.  I'd like to avoid that if at all possible.

galaxiex

Quote from: pierre67 on October 17, 2016, 03:11:53 PM
I've got the 2.5kA pots from here:

http://uk-electronic.de/onlineshop/product_info.php?products_id=1080

...and the dual 100kC from here :

http://buildyourownclone.com/collections/parts-1/products/c-taper-16mm-dual-gang-pc-mount-potentiometer

...Thankx to Kevin for the advice  8)

Thanks for that.  :)

I did see the dual gang C100K at BYOC but they don't ship to Canada.  :(
I've sent them an email about that. Waiting to hear back....

Looks like the uk-electronic A2.5K are solder lug.
I'd of course prefer PC mount, but if that's all I can get.... oh well, so be it.

galaxiex

Well BYOC got back to me and they will ship the part to Canada. Yay!  :)

add4

Hello guys, i've just ordered the PCB yesterday. Anyone else would be interested in grouped orderding enclosures from PPP? I guess tayda doesn't have the powder coat/printing service up yet?

I'm in europe btw but i thought i could be interesting for a few other guys from around here?

let me know if you're interested

aion

I do have 6-8 of them left actually from the group buy a couple months ago. They are set up as a hidden product on the site:

https://aionelectronics.com/project/lab-series-enclosure/

add4

Quote from: aion on November 29, 2016, 02:36:07 PM
I do have 6-8 of them left actually from the group buy a couple months ago. They are set up as a hidden product on the site:

https://aionelectronics.com/project/lab-series-enclosure/

You already sent me a free shipping code today so i could add the faceplate tomy order, will the coupon also work for the enclosure? :D

thanks (again) !

aion

Haha, those things are pricy to ship and I wouldn't make a dime if shipping was free! But, if you wanted them to all go out together, I can refund the $4 shipping on the first order as well so you would only pay shipping on the enclosure.

add4

i sent you an email asking you the same question and i came to the same conclusion :)

Sorry for bothering you by email AND here ..
Thanks for helping me out!

admst

hey gang - first time poster here.

do you guys think i can power this guy from an existing +/- 15v power supply and just eliminate the power supply components on the PCB?

thanks!

aion

Nothing wrong with the idea in theory - volts are volts - but I don't recommend straying from the instructions in any way. Not worth the ~$12 in parts ($10 9VAC adapter + $2 in components for the power section) to have to forge your own path!

slacker775

I agree.  The couple bucks in power section bits is minuscule compared to all of the other parts and the PCB.