News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Re: 1PDT...?

Started by K3yPr0gg3r, May 10, 2016, 09:06:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

K3yPr0gg3r

Hi,

I have a TH Custom Effects build that calls for a 1PDT switch (toggle?). Did a brief search, and kept coming up with SPST or SPDT. Does this actually exist or is this a type O.

Thanks,

dbp512

a 1pdt is the same thing as a spdt. the s stands for single, and the d stands for double. Larger than that they switch to numbers to keep things simpler.
"you truly are a transistor tickler, what with the application of germanium ointment to sensitive fuzzy areas. :)" - playpunk

jimilee

Single pole double throw=spdt or 1pdt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

K3yPr0gg3r

Hey...Thank you. Guess I should have figured that. Build is coming from Germany, so I guess they have their own jargon there as we have here. It's a "Wet" switch, so I'm wondering if a simple SPST (On/Off) would serve...?

Thanks again

dbp512

Its hard to say without looking at the schematic, and TH has too many for me to know which one you have. Probably, since its easier to use a double throw as a single throw instead of having to keep 2 different parts in stock. But theres a chance it needs the second throw to do its thing properly.
"you truly are a transistor tickler, what with the application of germanium ointment to sensitive fuzzy areas. :)" - playpunk

K3yPr0gg3r

It's the Jenny, and now that I have an actual picture of a finished product in front of me I can use an SPDT (on/on). One way for "wet", and one way for "dry". I need to remember to keep this building thing simple... ;D

jimilee

Quote from: dbp512 on May 10, 2016, 11:50:54 PM
Its hard to say without looking at the schematic, and TH has too many for me to know which one you have. Probably, since its easier to use a double throw as a single throw instead of having to keep 2 different parts in stock. But theres a chance it needs the second throw to do its thing properly.
I blame the metric system.
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

m-Kresol

Quote from: jimilee on May 11, 2016, 12:43:52 AM

I actually blame the non-metric system you guys use... pounds per square inch? I mean, come on! why not use Pascal instead? we all should just use SI units, which incidently happen to be in metric units :)
I build pedals to hide my lousy playing.

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol
My build docs and tutorials

jimilee

Quote from: m-Kresol on May 11, 2016, 07:35:32 AM

I actually blame the non-metric system you guys use... pounds per square inch? I mean, come on! why not use Pascal instead? we all should just use SI units, which incidently happen to be in metric units :)
Metric is too precise for muricans, over yonder would never make it in the metric system.

dbp512

Quote from: jimilee on May 11, 2016, 12:03:46 PM
Quote from: m-Kresol on May 11, 2016, 07:35:32 AM

Metric is too precise for muricans, over yonder would never make it in the metric system.

Except for temperature, for some reason Fahrenheit is more accurate than Celsius. But really, as long as I can still buy beer by the pint I'm good.

m-Kresol

you know that american and brithish pint are different too, right? If you're in the US, the metric system would benefit here to as our beer comes in 0.5L.  8)
I build pedals to hide my lousy playing.

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol
My build docs and tutorials

dbp512

Quote from: m-Kresol on May 11, 2016, 01:50:32 PM
you know that american and brithish pint are different too, right? If you're in the US, the metric system would benefit here to as our beer comes in 0.5L.  8)

Well now theres no reason not to switch.

solderfumes

alanp

Had to ask an old guy at work about a list in a joke, today.

"What's one ell bee?"

"One pound."

"So... maybe 450 grammes? What's a quart?"

"Uh... a quarter litre maybe?"
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website