Flip flop/effect order switcher with master bypass via stomp layout?

Started by youngstownguitar, August 19, 2016, 08:39:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

youngstownguitar

Hi.
I know effect order switchers have been covered here and elsewhere before but I am trying to build one with a master bypass stomp switch as well.
Basically, I would like to plug two effects into a box and be able to turn them on and off individually, switch their order, or bypass them both completely.  That would mean four different stomp switches.
Apologies if it's already out there but I have not found a layout for anything that could do that. I feel like it shouldn't be that difficult to make but I can't get my head around how to do it.
Thanks in advance for any help. I have built a few pedals from kits and a few from madbean PCB's but my understanding of this stuff is pretty limited.

Ubertech_s

I dont have the full answer unfortunately, but I do have this from an earlier post for effects order - not my work I have to add and untested, but I would have though going from this set up and adding a master bypass as per the standard MBP would be quite straightforward

Yellowshark... Zero Point Mini...Autobahn...getting better all the time

bcalla

jimilee

The way to do this would be to run into a 3pdt stomp. The effect in out goes to and from the order switcher . Treat the order switcher like its a 3rd effect. That should be easy enough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

bcalla

Sorry, my previous post links to the toggle switch version, Barry is sold out of the stomp switch version.

m-Kresol

as you mentioned you want a master bypass switch as well:
just wire a 3pdt as you usually would for a bypass switch and attach the in/out jacks to this one. effect in/out of this master bypass goes to the order switch board or stomp for in and out. Wire the effects and their respective on/off switches from there as shown above
I build pedals to hide my lousy playing.

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol
My build docs and tutorials