News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

'Nother Rust Bunny, for Erin Frisby

Started by midwayfair, September 06, 2016, 06:52:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

midwayfair

Apologies in advance for the potato-quality pictures. It was cloudy.

Erin Frisby and her husband/musical partner (Miss Shevaughn and Yuma Wray) moved back to DC recently. They're in the process of reinventing themselves into a kind of 90's-ish noise rock thing with some modern electronic elements (Fuzzqueen). In part I think Erin was tired of being referred to as "the singer" even though she played a lot of the lead guitar. :P

She's a pretty big gearhead. Chris owns a Multiplex/Fatpants combo I made (the Joshua Tree Delay), but I never really was sure what to make Erin until they started this project. The obvious answer was fuzz. I also knew that she liked some glitchy stuff, and I wanted to make sure I wasn't duplicating something she already had, so I built her a Rust Bunny after taking a peek at a picture of her current board. Then I mailed it to her in secret (I got her address from a bandmate.) She was really surprised and said she put it on her board right away.

Again, sorry about the pictures. I cleaned them up as much as I could. The colors look almost neon in person.

This is the output buffer version; I used the 500K tone pot instructions, so it goes from super incredibly buzzy to full beefy. (Side note: I tried the input buffer but quickly removed it. I'm not really sure why I ever thought it was a good idea, or necessary.)

Lubdar

Niiiiiice!
I love how colorful this is!
Best,
   Lubdar
(--c^.^)--c

matmosphere

Nice, love the artwork. I hadn't heard the Rust Bunny but I just looked it up. That is one fine sounding pedal Jon.

What do the labels on the knobs say?

midwayfair

Quote from: Matmosphere on September 06, 2016, 12:14:23 PM
What do the labels on the knobs say?

Clockwise from the top left:

Thumpinpuffer
Poof-loof
Booplesnoot
Flufferbuttle

matmosphere

gordo

Everyone should own a pedal with a variable thumpinpuffer. I like the bunny's expression. Top notch as always Jon.
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

wgc

very cool thing to do, looks great.  I've wanted to build a pedal for some of my fave musicians but never have.
always the beautiful answer who asks a more beautiful question.
e.e. cummings

Boba7

Very nice story and build! Thanks a lot for sharing. I'm curious about this circuit, will have to build it someday! :)

flanagan0718

No one can touch your hand painted pedals Jon! This looks fantastic! Great job!

nzCdog

Love the colours, looks really striking 8)

Quote from: gordo on September 06, 2016, 07:18:52 PM
Everyone should own a pedal with a variable thumpinpuffer.
Indeed ;D