News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Obsessive Tone Master

Started by juansolo, September 10, 2016, 07:53:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

juansolo

Another unusual build. This is the Obsessive Tone Master... A couple of Matt's pedals re-housed. Which is something I don't normally do, especially a commercial one in there, hence I have no problem sticking an OCD logo on the front.

Anyhow, another green wire special! Signal goes into a Fender tone pot, then a Range Master clone (Mullard-tastic!) into the OCD. He does the BFG thing of running the tone really low, then pulling it back with the treble booster then into the OCD for the distortion. But all in one box and on one stomp.

Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

m-Kresol

Another homerun! incredible wiring again. What kind of wire is this and where do you get it btw.? and while we're at it, what kind of ribbon wire do you use?

I wonder what advantage mounting pots on the component side has. It might safe a bit of vertical space, but that wouldn't be an issue when they would be mounted on the solder side either. Seems like a waste of space to me. they even had to go with standup resistors..
I build pedals to hide my lousy playing.

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol
My build docs and tutorials

juansolo

The wire was NOS 0.6mm Eagle copper single core. We bought about 6 100m reels of the stuff and I don't think you can get it any more.

The ribbon is a similar story, again it's some very high quality NOS stuff that we got from a guy on here. I think we got a couple of reels.

They'll last us for years... Not sure what we'll do when we run out.
Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

gordo

Damn that's a nice build.  The buss wire alone is pure artwork.
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

Boba7

Very very nice.
I'm really curious about the sound you describe!

jubal81

As clean a job as it gets. Superb!

Grey jacks? that's a new one to me.
"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair

marauder

Quote from: jubal81 on September 10, 2016, 12:16:39 PM
As clean a job as it gets. Superb!

Grey jacks? that's a new one to me.

Neutrik NYS229 jacks now have grey micas not yellow, slightly thinner too.   Been like it for a year or so.

Matt

The built in tone control is a great idea. That would be a great addition to an octave pedal
Matt