News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Stealth - Smoothie, Glam, Smalltime with tap, Equinox II.

Started by Willybomb, November 07, 2016, 11:48:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Willybomb

Gudday all.  Here's Stealth.  Smoothie, Glam, Smalltime + tap, Equinox II.

The tap is from http://uk-electronic.de/onlineshop/product_info.php?cPath=105_195_352&products_id=3099&osCsid=0622e90a18403e6cf9f89e22f30a9aa6

Etching primer with clearcoat, then laser etched.  Not recommended really, it came back from the engraving with some weird crazing in the clearcoat.  Polishing didn't get rid of it, so I was forced to cut it back *very* lightly with wet/dry sandpaper and then polish with the cut/polish compound.

As a result, the smaller text isn't as sharp as it was.  It also had lots of little bare dots around a few of the letters, so these have been filled in with a fineliner texta.  These pics are the before photos, as tightening the nuts causes the finish to chip off in places, so I've taken photos before all the extra fineliner.  Additionally, the pot shafts are different lengths, so I've put the knobs at the same height for the photos and have now shoved them down lower..

The Smalltime on vero is now playing funny buggers, so I may replace it sometime or at least check the solder joins.  I don't remember the Equinox being so distinctly delayish either.  Anyway, it's working, more or less.  I can see myself replacing the delay and reverb at some time.

The guts are ok, as far as these sort of things go.  Vero makes for a tough time making it look neat.

Edit:  This has been modified - it now as a Porkbarrel for chorus, a rubadub for the verb, and a Mimik w/tap for the delay.

cajone5

Wow... just wow.  Makes my builds seem simple by comparison.  Great work!

jimilee

That's really nice work, and very clean in and out,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

Luke51411

Thats a great build! Was the tap tempo kit easy to implement? I might get a couple of those.

Willybomb

The tap tempo was pretty much a case of hooking up a wire to pin 6 on the pt2399.  This kit is pretty simple, and if you want to do subdivisions you have to hold the tap down while turning the time pot.  Haven't tried it myself, and other kits have outs for the switches to set those.  This one came with all the bits including the switch is switch mountable - I just didn't leave enough space to do that.

flanagan0718

Willybomb

It's 220x170, roughly, I think it's a G.  I couldn't get anything bigger locally - I wanted to put a 2 channel + boost drive section in too.

I think there's something bigger on mouser, a J, which I think has been done here on the "Sundays" build, but I didn't have the patience to get that from overseas.

It has mounting holes on the front, hence the screws glued in to fill the gaps on the front.

flanagan0718

It looks great! You did a fantastic job on it. Keep up the good work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kaycee