News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Harbinger One - Issues (LED rate indicator)

Started by Timko, November 23, 2016, 01:51:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Timko

I think this will work, but I want to see if anyone has done it first. I want to add a switch to turn the pedal on/off to protect the lamp life. Preferably, I'd like to add a switch next to the jack where the pcb has a cutout. Has anyone tried this?  It looks like it should fit. But if someone has tried it and it didn't fit, I would love to know before drilling.

Thanks!

madbean

Turning the power off to the entire circuit is not a good idea. You are assured to get extraneous noise and some audio lag when toggling the bypass if you do that. The lamps are cheap...buy two extra and you will have enough to last for many years.

It is possible to disengage the lamp only but you will sacrifice true bypass operation by doing it.

Timko

Ok, thanks.

On another note, can I change R54 to a bigger value?  I assume that's the LDR for the rate LED.  I would like to make it less bright than my bypass LED, but I wanted to be sure it wasn't doing something else too.

Also, I've noticed the rate LED doesn't start lighting up until I get the speed around 11:00.  I'm going to measure and compare values tonight, but I wanted to see if this is known thing?

Axeman

Cool you have one complete that works. Can you help me with mine. I put up a tread.
Thanks