News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Schematic reading

Started by Jmilla, November 28, 2016, 02:04:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jmilla

Really dumb question but when reading schematics and there are 2 separate circuits on the page ala the Timmy schematic how do you integrate the two? Not trying to build anything but trying learn schematic reading for my own education.

jimilee

I'm not looking at it right now, but is one power and the other audio?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

sonnyboy27

If you look at both blocks you'll see a couple of tags (usually +9V and Vref). Those are places where the blocks connect. It's used to help clean up your schematic rather than showing all of the wires running around to all the Vref points and +9V points.

Jmilla

In Brian's schematic it shows ground and +9V which make sense to me, but then there is VB+ and in other schematics I have seen for other projects have VREF. Again another dumb question but what is VB+ and VREF?

Jmilla

The other thing I do not understand is the gab in the separate segment with labeled 4 and 8 and no component in between.

sonnyboy27

VB+ and Vref are both the same thing. They represent a different voltage level (usually 4.5V) that's created by a voltage divider.

The section marked Pins 4 and 8 are power (pin 8) and ground (pin 4) for the IC.