NGD - PRS

Started by madbean, December 15, 2016, 09:13:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pickdropper

Do you have any SC58 or SC245 models?
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

matmosphere

All this prs talk made me do some googling. Turns out the factory is about an hour from me and they do free tours. Might take advantage of that.

GermanCdn

Quote from: pickdropper on December 20, 2016, 01:43:21 AM

I have a Goldtop 245 with David Allen P51 Mustangs in it.
The only known cure in the world for GAS is death.  That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

pickdropper

Quote from: GermanCdn on December 20, 2016, 07:27:00 AM
Quote from: pickdropper on December 20, 2016, 01:43:21 AM

I have a Goldtop 245 with David Allen P51 Mustangs in it.

Cool, what do you think of it?

I've been looking at the 24.5 scale length models as well as some of the traditional offerings, like CU22 or P22s.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

GermanCdn

Really like the 245.  I've got two 250s as well, very different instruments (especially in the pickups - don't like the stock 250 pickups, they're too hot for vintage and not hot enough for modern if you know what I mean).  The 245 falls much closer to the "classic" LP type feel and tone (and the David Allen pickups take the even further).  I had intended on putting a set of Lindy Fralin P-94 pickups in to really for an early goldtop tone, but I never got around to it.

Don't have the original pickups (I used to sell stock pickups after I swapped them, then realized how much money I was losing instead of reinstalling stocks and selling the upgraded pickups separately if and when I chose to sell the guitar).  Swapped the tuners out for Kluson Vintage Locking (no mods or new holes required), stock tuners are in the case.
The only known cure in the world for GAS is death.  That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.