News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

New Years is pathetic when you get old.

Started by jkokura, December 31, 2016, 06:51:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nzCdog

Quote from: juansolo on January 02, 2017, 02:00:13 AM
Started Skyrim again, played through until the fireworks outside had stopped, went to bed... Woke up, continued playing Skyrim...
The steam sale was very tempting... Almost sprung for Shadow of Mordor, but ended up with Euro Truck Simulator 2.

madbean

Yeah, my New Year's resolution is to actually finish all the Steam games I have and not buy any more!

Stomptown

Quote from: jkokura on January 01, 2017, 06:47:02 AM
All those spectacular guitars you have, and you play the Bass Jimi?

You're a gem. Hope it was a fun gig.

As for me, my PT-Jr is coming together. I think I'm going to have to build a pedal for it though. I need a smaller delay pedal, so I'm gonna see if Bean's new 125B sized Aquaboy will do, but I usually use a longer delay than 300ms. We'll see.

Jacob

I have a spare Aquaboy bbd doubler if you want to add that in for extra delay.  Let me know if you want it and I'll send it your way.

bamslam69

Quote from: alanp on January 01, 2017, 03:08:58 PM
Heh, I like to think that this forum is helping popularise "Can't be arsed" in USA usage :)
Sorry to spoil the fun, but I'm an Aussie. Still, it's fun typing like I talk.
Betoota Advocate on Facebook, and Aussie Man Reviews on Youtube provides a great source of entertainment. Always fun pissing ourselves at work over the brilliant use of Australian English.

Off on a tangent, I did see a meme recently saying "Hakuna Matata" is the Disney version of "I don't give a f##k."

Bret608

Having visited New Zealand this past November, I'm happy to do whatever I can to plant the seeds of Kiwi English over here in the States. My wife has already decided that "cheers" and "no worries" are her mottoes for the new year. If I can help promote "can't be arsed" I will do so.

On that note, we spent at least part of New Year's Eve trying to decide when we'd like to visit Australia. That included quite a bit of gasping over what appear to be reasonable airfares at the moment...I guess figuring out the fun stuff you'd like to do over the next year or so isn't a bad way to ring in the New Year with the kids!

neandrewthal

I've been using "Can't be arsed" for years and I've never set foot outside Canada and a few northern states. I blame the internet.

Timko

I had a 3 1/2 hour dinner at an Italian restaurant, then went home at 11:30 and went to bed.  I love being old.  And full of Italian food.

davent

My aim on any given night is to be in bed by one, it just never happens. No memory of the last time i pulled it off.

dave
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown

If my photos are missing again... they're hosted by photobucket... and as of 06/2017 being held hostage... to be continued?

jtaormina

jimilee

Quote from: jtaormina on January 03, 2017, 05:28:50 PM
Jimi you look like The Dude.
The dude looks like me...bwahahahaha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.