News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Pork Barrel - no chorus effect

Started by jonnygreentrees, January 19, 2017, 01:05:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jonnygreentrees

Finished up my Pork Barrel last night and I'm not getting any effect. When I engage the effect the signal gets slightly brighter but there's no chorus. I've tried adjusting the trimmer to no avail.

Here's some photos of my build, any idea where I should start looking for issues?

zombie_rock123

The ground wire next to 9 volt looks like it could do with a reflow but really IC voltages would be the best way to show where the problem is.
I sometimes label builds rockwright
https://www.instagram.com/rockwrightfx/

jonnygreentrees

Thanks, I'll measure the IC voltages and get back to you

darrenw6000

Where were the mn3101 and mn3007 sourced from?

jonnygreentrees

darrenw6000

Ok they should be fine. It's just when u do an effect with these sort of chips if you get a signal through then the chips could be at fault but I don't think that this is the case. I will try and think what else it could be

jonnygreentrees

well that's what I thought it has to be the chip or the part of the circuit that mixes the delay chip signal in with the dry?

darrenw6000

is that a little solder bridge between r21 and r24 on the top side, i can see a small silver bit. these resistors do come into play after the signal has passed through the bbd

jonnygreentrees

jonnygreentrees

sorry been really busy will try and have a look this week

darrenw6000

If it's not that then look at your R12, not quite sure in the pic but looks like you may have used a 47R(yellow-violet-black) meant to be 470R(yellow-violet-brown)

jonnygreentrees

OK so there's no solder bridge between R21 and R24 and R12 is 470R.

Going to take the voltages tonight.

Does LED2 need to be installed for the circuit to work?

Jebus

Quote from: jonnygreentrees on January 27, 2017, 02:29:16 AM
Does LED2 need to be installed for the circuit to work?

Thats just rate indicator, shouldnt cause any issue if not installed.

jonnygreentrees

Oh ffs I'm an idiot, a row of pins from the clock chip hadn't gone into the socket can't believe I missed that! Working great now!