News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

This is my inheritance

Started by jimilee, March 25, 2017, 12:32:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimilee

This along with a couple of amps is what I have left if my brother. He was the baddest guitar player I knew, traveled for 2 years with a band right out of high school. His thirst for knowledge was unquenchable. He was teaching himself to play jazz up until the day he died. I did get to sit in with him on several occasions in various projects dating back to high school, but my dream came true when we did a show together New Year's Eve.
  Just as a rundown. There is an LSR, 3 universe guitars, 2 Jems , a destroyer, a Robyn, a PRS Santana signature, a Taylor, an acoustic bass, a schector corsair, a Les paul the paul and a John Mayer signature strat clone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

pickdropper

I'm glad that you have those to remember your brother by.  I'm sure you'd trade them all in an instant for more time with him, but those instruments were likely a part of him and it's cool that you get to play them from here.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

blearyeyes

Quote from: pickdropper on March 25, 2017, 12:35:21 PM
I'm glad that you have those to remember your brother by.  I'm sure you'd trade them all in an instant for more time with him, but those instruments were likely a part of him and it's cool that you get to play them from here.

Mixed feelings I'm sure.

jimilee

Quote from: pickdropper on March 25, 2017, 12:35:21 PM
Very much so. Not a day goes by that I don't stop to text him before I stop myself.
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

DPTX

Positive thoughts going your way, man.  Cherish those guitars.

Jules

Quote from: DPTX on March 25, 2017, 08:38:40 PM
Positive thoughts going your way, man.  Cherish those guitars.
Likewise Jimi, You've got some nice guitars there.
Play em' for your bro, all the best

Martan

They are beautiful, man. Sorry about your loss.

Marty

AntKnee

Your brother had good taste. Thats a nice collection. I'm sure he is happy you have them now.
I build, and once in a while I might sell, pedals as "Vertigo Effects".

flanagan0718

It's funny how you can tell a lot about a musician's personality by their instruments. Your brother seemed like a cool guy and from the looks of it he was a well rounded individual. Judging by this collection he was accepting of all with open arms. I am sorry for your loss. I am sure each ones of these speaks to you differently and just as he would. Cherish and listen to the notes that they speak. Once again, I'm sorry for your loss.

-Mike-

Boba7

Such a nice and eclectic collection of guitars. I agree it does seem to tell a lot about their owner! Thank you for sharing Jimi. :)

bcalla

The great thing about these guitars is that every time you play one you will be connected to your brother.

AntKnee

I inherited a guitar from my grandfather (a 70s Hohner Les Paul copy). Every time I play it I think about him and imagine he is sitting there listening to me play. When the grief eventually fades, (hard to imagine now, but it will) you'll enjoy playing them that much more.
I build, and once in a while I might sell, pedals as "Vertigo Effects".

jimilee

Quote from: flanagan0718 on March 26, 2017, 06:17:28 PM
It's funny how you can tell a lot about a musician's personality by their instruments. Your brother seemed like a cool guy and from the looks of it he was a well rounded individual. Judging by this collection he was accepting of all with open arms. I am sorry for your loss. I am sure each ones of these speaks to you differently and just as he would. Cherish and listen to the notes that they speak. Once again, I'm sorry for your loss.

-Mike-
That is so true. Everyone he met called him friend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

culturejam

What a great collection. Just about any of those are guitars I would/could own myself.

The circumstances are sucky, but you do now have an entire catalog of your brother's style and swagger at your disposal. I hope they inspire you to make fulfilling music!
Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

cleverbeefalo

Quote from: flanagan0718 on March 26, 2017, 06:17:28 PM
It's funny how you can tell a lot about a musician's personality by their instruments. Your brother seemed like a cool guy and from the looks of it he was a well rounded individual. Judging by this collection he was accepting of all with open arms. I am sorry for your loss.

Just what I was thinking. Sorry for your loss, man. He definitely left you some amazing mementos!