News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

This is my inheritance

Started by jimilee, March 25, 2017, 12:32:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hylandren

Jimi, I am sorry for your loss. I too have lost a sibling, and it can be pretty hard.
However I am glad that your brother knew the right guy to leave those guitars to: Someone who will cherish them as much as the memories he holds of his brother.
I hope that time maybe eases your pain a little.

GermanCdn

Despite the circumstances, glad to see his collection went to someone who will appreciate it.

I expect you'll have the Steve Vai catalogue mastered by June?
The only known cure in the world for GAS is death.  That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Leevibe

This is one of the coolest ways I can think of for you to remember him. My grandpa died last year and I have some of his tools. He worked hard. Really hard. I can't work outdoors without thinking of him. Any time I smell the smell of a 2 stroke motor running or fresh cut wood, I instantly feel like I'm out in the woods with him getting firewood. I love having those things to keep me connected to my hero even though it will be a while before I see him again.

I bet you will never pick up any guitar without thinking of your brother. The fact that you have his collection will keep you connected to all the best things about him. It's a painful blessing but a good one.