News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

VFE Projects and MBP Re-Stocks now available

Started by madbean, April 30, 2017, 04:43:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

madbean

The first two VFE Projects are here! You can now order the Alpha Dog and Pale Horse boards on the projects page. MBP re-stocks are also now available.

Notes:
- There will be a pretty limited quantity of the Alpha Dog and Pale Horse to start. This is because I messed up on the qty on hand of one of the custom pots (did not realize this until today). I will contact Peter tomorrow to find out about getting more of the pots ASAP. Therefore, please there is a limit to one of each board for now. Sorry, but this first batch will go quick :(

- The drill template for the VFE projects will be up tomorrow. The project docs are up, though.

Canadian/International Customers only:
- As I mentioned a few weeks ago, international customers will be required to pay 1st Class shipping rates on the VFE projects due to the pots. I've had to completely revise how international shipping is calculated because of the limited variables you can use through the Paypal cart, so it is now based on weight rather than total $ amount of orders. It is pretty close to the old system in terms of cost, however if you plan on purchasing other MBP boards at the same time as the VFE projects, I suggest making a separate order for those. This will prevent you from triggering the Priority shipping rate which is much more expensive ($24 - 32.50).

------

Also new - the Bloviator has been updated to include a Volume control and the newly designed 3PDT bypass boards are now available. The HoneyDripper will no longer include the rotary switch but this is now available from Smallbear. The price of the board has dropped $2 to account for that. Lastly, the Dig Dug is on sale for $10.

madbean

Also, I will do a video demo for each of the new VFE projects this week so I will let you guys know when that is up. Plus, I also will probably have a little pdf tutorial posted on them in addition to the build docs already available.

gordo

He shoots...he scores!!!!

Gave me the chance to order a few boards that I've either wanted, or pedals other guitar players refuse to give back and I have to replace.  I get a lot of that :-)
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

TeleCrunch

Got 'em!  I stocked up on some other boards as well, bummed that the Chunk Chunk is retired, but these new VFE projects will keep me more than busy!

Thank you, Madbean!
;D
No Squid Pro Quo

madbean

There seems to be an issue with some international orders not getting charged shipping. Not sure what is going on with this.

madbean

Welp, PP has pooped the bed on me. I've had to disable ordering on the Projects Page while I try to figure out what is going on with shipping fees not being charged. I will get this sorted out as soon as possible. Sorry guys!

madbean

I think (well, hopefully) the issue has been solved so I've enabled ordering again.

WAXOU

Just to confirm : Shipping costs for international orders works !
To do is to be -- Descartes / To be is to do -- Sartre / Doo, bee, doo, bee, doo -- Sinatra

alparent

Trying to order one of each but I'm told the Pale Horse is out of stock
I'm French.......sorry for my bad Englishhhhhhh.

madbean

Quote from: alparent on May 01, 2017, 05:49:58 AM
Trying to order one of each but I'm told the Pale Horse is out of stock

Ahh, yeah the remaining went super fast. Ack, sorry about that. There are still a few Alpha Dogs left.
I already have a message out to inquire about getting more of the custom pot that I mentioned earlier. I'll give an update as soon as I know anything. Once I get that sorted there will be plenty of both projects available.

alparent

I'm French.......sorry for my bad Englishhhhhhh.

Droogie

Hi Brian, looking forward to building these! Noticed that the micro-controller isn't in the BOM for the switching board, and that the ones in your builds are VFE labeled. Are they included with the boards? Thanks!
Chief Executive Officer in Charge of Burrito Redistribution at Hytone Electric

lego4040

I sneezed and missed the Dynammic Overdrive  :'(

madbean

Yes, a pre-programmed controller is included (with anti-static bag for shipping). The BOM only lists what you need to acquire.

Droogie

Quote from: madbean on May 01, 2017, 09:09:57 AM
Yes, a pre-programmed controller is included (with anti-static bag for shipping). The BOM only lists what you need to acquire.

Awesome!
Chief Executive Officer in Charge of Burrito Redistribution at Hytone Electric