News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

what are you guys listening to at the moment?

Started by the3secondrule, August 25, 2011, 06:36:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

catfud

i don't think we're in kansas any more

RobA

Since we are headed down the weird path, here's a little seasonal music

Affiliations: Music Unfolding (musicunfolding.com), software based effects and Rock•it Frog (rock.it-frog.com), DIY effects (coming soon).

haveyouseenhim

Quote from: Bret608 on December 05, 2013, 07:46:27 AM
HaveYouSeenHim - your avatar and the DRI and SI clips make me think about the old Powell/Peralta videos. Indirectly, those old skate videos and their music led me to doing this hobby now, about 25 years later.

Yep  I love the bones brigade videos. Funny enough is that they are all connected somehow. If you watch the Institutionalized video you will see a young Mike Vallely and Rodney Mullen doing tricks in the background. And a fun fact: There was a Z-boy named Jim Muir who happens to be the brother of Mike Muir ;the lead singer of Suicidal Tendencies

On an unrelated note: Salba aka Steve Alba happens to have a famous sister with a fantastic fanny.......
I'm sorry sir, we only have the regular ohms

jkokura

Let's bring it back to normalzville...

And post some amazing Christmas music. This is the Huron Carol as performed by Bruce Cockburn in the original language. The Huron People have been pretty much eradicated, but this song still remains.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

Cortexturizer

Quote from: RobA on December 05, 2013, 01:57:00 PM
Since we are headed down the weird path, here's a little seasonal music

I can't believe there are people here listening to one of the most underrated bands EVER. RobA I've loved your posts before but now...dude you have become my favorite beaner! Cheers!
https://kuatodesign.blogspot.com - thoughts on some pedals I made
https://soundcloud.com/kuato-design-stompboxes - sounds and jams

davent

"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown

If my photos are missing again... they're hosted by photobucket... and as of 06/2017 being held hostage... to be continued?

RobA

Quote from: Cortexturizer on December 05, 2013, 03:22:13 PM
[...]
I can't believe there are people here listening to one of the most underrated bands EVER. RobA I've loved your posts before but now...dude you have become my favorite beaner! Cheers!
;D They are pretty incredible -- they get bonus points just for the name. Fuze is something else as a player. I really like his work with Hiromi's Sonicbloom too.
Affiliations: Music Unfolding (musicunfolding.com), software based effects and Rock•it Frog (rock.it-frog.com), DIY effects (coming soon).

Cortexturizer

Absolutely. Hiromi is a genius, and when she thinks that only Fuse could up the game of her trio then that says a lot.
https://kuatodesign.blogspot.com - thoughts on some pedals I made
https://soundcloud.com/kuato-design-stompboxes - sounds and jams

micromegas

SHT totally rocks! plus Fiuczynski is a really nice guy.
A friend of mine was his student at berklee and now is mixing Fuze's new album.
I can't wait to hear it.
'My favorite programming language is solder' - Bob Pease

Software Developer @ bela.io

RobA

Quote from: Cortexturizer on December 06, 2013, 04:57:50 AM
Absolutely. Hiromi is a genius, and when she thinks that only Fuse could up the game of her trio then that says a lot.
Yeah, she pretty much blows my mind whenever I listen to her. I have their concert DVD and it is amazing to watch.

Quote from: micromegas on December 06, 2013, 06:06:38 AM
SHT totally rocks! plus Fiuczynski is a really nice guy.
A friend of mine was his student at berklee and now is mixing Fuze's new album.
I can't wait to hear it.

Now that would be a cool gig.

davent

Quote from: ch1naski on November 17, 2013, 08:48:18 PM
Davent, there's always the Brian Setzer Orchestra Christmas Rocks album. Also if you're into punk, the Vandals "Oi To The World" album is great.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Ordered one of Setzer's Christmas albums and the new Nick Lowe offering, today picked a couple of Putamayo's Christmas compilations, have a bunch of their various compilations, always interesting, always great sound quality.

Spinning on the turntable at the moment; More Songs about Buildings and Food

dave
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown

If my photos are missing again... they're hosted by photobucket... and as of 06/2017 being held hostage... to be continued?

lincolnic

Quote from: davent on December 07, 2013, 07:44:04 PM
Spinning on the turntable at the moment; More Songs about Buildings and Food

dave

Pretty sure this is my favorite Talking Heads record. I love almost all of them, but this one is probably the most fun from start to finish.

DutchMF

Quote from: davent on December 05, 2013, 03:35:15 PM
Jacob, good album.

Christmas?

Davent, I missed this somehow, but: BRILLIANT!!! Love me some Slayer, especially for the holidays!  ;)

Paul
"If you can't stand the heat, stay away from the soldering iron!"

davent

Vice/President

Volcano Choir
Frightened Rabbit
Chvrches
Fionn Regan