News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

what are you guys listening to at the moment?

Started by the3secondrule, August 25, 2011, 06:36:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

selfdestroyer

Quote from: jimijam on February 11, 2014, 07:21:02 PM
jerry reed and chet atkins

I can thank my dad for all the Chet Atkins exposure when I was younger. I loved the stuff he did with Mark Knopfler. I like when Chet talks and carries conversation when playing. He makes everything sound so casual.

Cody

selfdestroyer

Been working to this album all day

Came across them today on last.fm and picked up their album on Bandcamp called Guilty Of Everything.

smallpoxchampion

Old Baby, it's Evan Patterson's (of young widows) new band.

jkokura

Marr just rocks this. My favorite Smiths song.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

jimijam

Quote from: selfdestroyer on February 12, 2014, 12:49:07 AM
Quote from: jimijam on February 11, 2014, 07:21:02 PM
jerry reed and chet atkins
I can thank my dad for all the Chet Atkins exposure when I was younger. I loved the stuff he did with Mark Knopfler. I like when Chet talks and carries conversation when playing. He makes everything sound so casual.

Cody
right...they can play the dogshit out of their music but it never seems forced or showy. total mastery. lenny breau is like that too
tried lifting weights once....they were too heavy!

juansolo

Restoring my faith in the next generation.

Kids covering Tool's 46 & 2, which has got to be one of the toughest things to cover well and they are awesome. I like the way the kid gets Maynard's vocal nuances, and that little smile she gives when she nails it. The drummer is really into it.
Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

irmcdermott

Quote from: juansolo on February 14, 2014, 12:36:54 AM

Restoring my faith in the next generation.

Kids covering Tool's 46 & 2, which has got to be one of the toughest things to cover well and they are awesome. I like the way the kid gets Maynard's vocal nuances, and that little smile she gives when she nails it. The drummer is really into it.

Yeah, I saw that a while back. I wish we would see more of this kind of stuff

raulduke

Quote from: jkokura on February 13, 2014, 09:21:26 PM
Marr just rocks this. My favorite Smiths song.

Jacob

YES!

Marr is a true guitar hero.

Cortexturizer

Listening to this at the moment - http://www.progrockmag.com/stream/cynic-exclusive-premiere-kindly-bent-to-free-us/
Even if you hated the earlier Cynic stuff you should try this, it's just awesome!

Also I would recommend this to anyone => http://kevinhufnagel.bandcamp.com/album/songs-for-the-disappeared
It's a very twisted take on ambient ukulele music :) Here's an excerpt of it:

Hope you will enjoy it as much as I had.
https://kuatodesign.blogspot.com - thoughts on some pedals I made
https://soundcloud.com/kuato-design-stompboxes - sounds and jams

sonarchotic

mandrewbot3k

I'm all over the place but I've been pretty into iron chic, elway, sundowner, and  red city radio lately. Reminds me of about 15 years ago. (And I'm 29. Lol)

I just got "the greatest story ever told" by the Lawrence arms on vinyl and I'm loving it. One of my favorite albums. 
Andrew

(Formerly roflcopter)

miter53

Michael Yonkers...modified guitar and home made effects from the late 60s. Awe inspiring...
"Only sick music makes money today."-Friedrich Nietzsche
My photography website: http://michaelteresko.com/

GermanCdn

There's only one song out officially right now, but the album drops on the 14th of March and from what I've heard thus far, it will be in heavy rotation for me.

The band is KXM - George Lynch, Doug Pinnick (King's X), and Ray Luzier (Korn).  The music is as good or better then Dogman, which is my favourite King's X album hands down.  The drumming is insanely tribal, and George is, well, George.

There's another Lynch project coming out later this year with Michael Sweet (Stryper).  That is going to be some killer old school shred metal.  If only I could grow my hair back as opposed to my back hair.
The only known cure in the world for GAS is death.  That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

DutchMF

Quote from: GermanCdn on February 19, 2014, 10:46:04 AM
There's only one song out officially right now, but the album drops on the 14th of March and from what I've heard thus far, it will be in heavy rotation for me.

The band is KXM - George Lynch, Doug Pinnick (King's X), and Ray Luzier (Korn).  The music is as good or better then Dogman, which is my favourite King's X album hands down.  The drumming is insanely tribal, and George is, well, George.

There's another Lynch project coming out later this year with Michael Sweet (Stryper).  That is going to be some killer old school shred metal.  If only I could grow my hair back as opposed to my back hair.
Cool, I'll check this out! And remember one thing, hair does not equal chops, believe me, I know.......

Paul
"If you can't stand the heat, stay away from the soldering iron!"

peAk

While this may be old news to many of you, I have been enjoying Tame Impala.

just something about that beatles/early floyd sound that I will always be fond of.