News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

what are you guys listening to at the moment?

Started by the3secondrule, August 25, 2011, 06:36:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

flanagan0718

GermanCdn

OK, so the KXM disc is out today.

OMFG is it genius.  Utterly genius.  Third worst song on the album is the video below.  Repeat.  Third worst.

The only known cure in the world for GAS is death.  That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

peAk

Quote from: raulduke on March 10, 2014, 02:49:41 AM
Listening to Tame Impalas Lonerism again.

There's just something about that record I love. The production is outstanding.

After guitar geeks everywhere were trying to figure out how he got all those cool tones, it also turns out he DI'd most of the guitars for the album  ;D

Absolutely agree!

I am jamming to "Dark Night of the Soul" that was written by Sparklehorse and Danger Mouse that accompanies a book from David Lynch. It's a dark, psychedelic, lofi-ish record with some great guitar sounds as well as mellotrons, orchestrons, etc. There are many great artists on this record, too many to name. It was available years ago as a free download because there was some dispute with the record label. It was the last stuff Mark Linkous (Sparklehorse) put out before he committed suicide. This won't be everyone's cup of tea but if you like this sort of dark, lofi stuff definitely check it out!! The tunes are actually quite catchy.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dark_Night_of_the_Soul_(album)

ch1naski

i cant find tame impalas, or the dark soul album.....but good lord, St Paul and the Broken Bones! Wow, these guys are bringing real soul back.
one louder.

peAk

Quote from: ch1naski on March 13, 2014, 08:58:24 AM
i cant find tame impalas, or the dark soul album.....but good lord, St Paul and the Broken Bones! Wow, these guys are bringing real soul back.

can get them to you later when I get home. PM me your email if you would like

raven174us

I listen to 90's rock and post grunge mostly. Right now I'm on a Chevelle kick.
Jason

peAk

Quote from: raven174us on March 13, 2014, 09:53:26 AM
I listen to 90's rock and post grunge mostly. Right now I'm on a Chevelle kick.

I loved grunge at the time but got totally burned out of it. Finally now, 20 years later, I can listen to some Soundgarden, Mudhoney, Screaming Trees, etc. again.

Didn't follow much post grunge because I was burned out of it when those bands came along. Probably the last band of the "post" stuff I got into was Tool. I still love Tool today.

mattlee0037

Quote from: flanagan0718 on March 10, 2014, 06:24:40 AM

Going with some heavier stuff today.

Don't listen to much heavy stuff but I do really enjoy some ABR. That album especially

flanagan0718

Don't listen to much heavy stuff but I do really enjoy some ABR. That album especially
[/quote]

Yeah they are a great band. Constellations is probably the best produced record but I love Thrill Seeker.

mattlee0037

Mariana's trench gets me everytime. Love the time signature and the feel.

ch1naski

Quote from: peAk on March 13, 2014, 09:26:53 AM
Quote from: ch1naski on March 13, 2014, 08:58:24 AM

can get them to you later when I get home. PM me your email if you would like
I found dark soul.. listening to it now at work. It's very..moody.  sometimes reminds me of Portishead

Curt.

one louder.

ch1naski

Omg, loving St Paul and the Broken Bones! Bringing the soul back.

Curt.

one louder.

GermanCdn

Pop Evil - Boss' Daughter.  I'd post the link to the video, but it's not exactly SFW.

Rock n Roll needs to be more like this and less about feelings.  And Mick Mars is a lucky SOB for a guy who I am pretty sure has been dead for 8 years.
The only known cure in the world for GAS is death.  That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

miter53

"Only sick music makes money today."-Friedrich Nietzsche
My photography website: http://michaelteresko.com/

irmcdermott

Quote from: ch1naski on March 13, 2014, 12:56:53 PM
Omg, loving St Paul and the Broken Bones! Bringing the soul back.

Curt.

Yes! Glad you are liking them.