News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

what are you guys listening to at the moment?

Started by the3secondrule, August 25, 2011, 06:36:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

selfdestroyer

jimilee

Shuffling through Ozzy's discography currently. I'm a die hard fan.
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

alanp

Quote from: alanp on August 02, 2014, 08:43:30 PM
Ordered a few Drive-By Truckers albums. (_Decoration Day_, _Southern Rock Opera_, and _The Dirty South_), based on the songs linked in this thread.

The impression that movie and music has given me is that Alabama is where Americans do illegal things (like hooch and ganja), and the only honest person there is Forrest Gump. Alabama must be a very rough town.
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

jimilee

Quote from: alanp on August 12, 2014, 11:10:11 PM
Quote from: alanp on August 02, 2014, 08:43:30 PM
Ordered a few Drive-By Truckers albums. (_Decoration Day_, _Southern Rock Opera_, and _The Dirty South_), based on the songs linked in this thread.

The impression that movie and music has given me is that Alabama is where Americans do illegal things (like hooch and ganja), and the only honest person there is Forrest Gump. Alabama must be a very rough town.
True story
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

culturejam

Thanks to the opening credits of the movie "This is England", I'm a fan of Toots and the Maytals. This is a great track:

Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

micromegas

this:

and this:

I want to build a lapsteel guitar now!! any suggestion?
'My favorite programming language is solder' - Bob Pease

Software Developer @ bela.io

alanp

There was a combined service today with Bishop Justin (he of bare feet and dreadlocks, I am not kidding.) The pipe organ in the old church (Christchurch, Wanganui) was used in a few.

The sheer power and physicality of the pipe organ never fails to humble me. You can feel it in your feet, and your soul.
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

jkokura

This song is everywhere around here these days, and I can't get it out of my head.

I thought I'd make you suffer too.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

lars

No treble...
This isn't a song, but the first 9 seconds are great...
Yep. I clicked the, "continue without supporting us" link....

RobA

Quote from: micromegas on August 14, 2014, 11:56:02 AM
this:

and this:

I want to build a lapsteel guitar now!! any suggestion?
Both of these are great. The second one made recall these guys that I came across a few years back,

I've wanted to build a lap steel for a while now too. I've got the pickup waiting for it as soon as I get around too it. I figure it can't be too hard to do. It's pretty much just a chunk of flat wood. It's the learning to play it part that has me nervous :D.
Affiliations: Music Unfolding (musicunfolding.com), software based effects and Rock•it Frog (rock.it-frog.com), DIY effects (coming soon).

flanagan0718

I loved both of these bands and was sad to hear when they broke up. Now the lead singer from Thrusday and the former member from LostProphets have formed a "New Order" / new wave group! awesome stuff you should all give it a listen!

jubal81

"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair

wgc

always the beautiful answer who asks a more beautiful question.
e.e. cummings

sonarchotic

Man, this is awesome. Amazing guy and band. His Rhodes and Hohner Clavinet combo is just too good. Looks like some kind of Mutron on top too.