News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

what are you guys listening to at the moment?

Started by the3secondrule, August 25, 2011, 06:36:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

selfdestroyer

Quote from: alanp on October 17, 2014, 09:05:30 PM
Quote from: selfdestroyer on October 17, 2014, 08:18:35 PM
Been enjoying this album during tonights builds.

Quite liking this! What genre is it? Blues/Jazz? I love how mellow it is, but kinda dark, with excellent groove.

I found it classed under a psychedelic rock. but to tell you the truth I hear all kinds of influences. Great album for sure.

Cody

GrindCustoms

Killing Unicorns, day after day...

Building a better world brick by brick:https://rebrickable.com/users/GrindingBricks/mocs/

jimilee

Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

sonarchotic

Cody
Well that led down a rabbit hole that now has me into 60's and 70's Thai Funk. Yes, that's a thing. Here's some...

Here's another video from Khruangbin

micromegas

Have seen a lot of really great builds lately (when surfing throught the forum at work ::)) but did not find the time to contribute.

I thought that the less I could do is to share what I listen during my endless rubbish-code writtings.

Like Logic said in No Biggie : "I spit fire so demonic, writing code like I'm masonic"....

Loving these guys:

'My favorite programming language is solder' - Bob Pease

Software Developer @ bela.io

bcalla

I love all the retro-soul bands that are out there now.  I saw that others already posted about St. Paul and the Broken Bones, but I saw them last night at the Paradise in Boston.  Reminds me of the soul band I was in back in high school in the 60s.  They even opened and closed with 2 songs we did - Sly's "Sing a Simple Song", and Otis Redding's "Try a Little Tenderness".  Great show.

lars

Cody
Thank you for posting this! I've been listening to all of KhruangBin's songs now and am hooked. This is great stuff.
Yep. I clicked the, "continue without supporting us" link....

jubal81

Quote from: GrindCustoms on October 19, 2014, 03:56:53 PM

Oh wow, thanks for the nostalgia hit. This is a really under appreciated album - even by me since I hadn't heard it in years.
"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair

jubal81

Speaking of nostalgia, I saw the Icky Mettle LP in the record store recently and couldn't resist. Chapel Hill in the 90s it was all about the Archers of Loaf.

"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair

flanagan0718

I have had this song stuck in my head all day...I have no idea why!!!   :o

bcalla

Quote from: bcalla on October 22, 2014, 04:58:18 PM
I love all the retro-soul bands that are out there now.  I saw that others already posted about St. Paul and the Broken Bones, but I saw them last night at the Paradise in Boston.  Reminds me of the soul band I was in back in high school in the 60s.  They even opened and closed with 2 songs we did - Sly's "Sing a Simple Song", and Otis Redding's "Try a Little Tenderness".  Great show.

I've been listening to this all week.  Live & on the CD they have a guy playing B3 & keyboard.  These videos look like live performances, but minus the keyboard player.  Their singer looks like John Candy, but sounds like Otis Redding.

Their hit 'Call Me' plus a few other songs:

http://www.ourvinyl.tv/play/st-paul-and-the-broken-bones#

midwayfair

Quote from: bcalla on October 22, 2014, 04:58:18 PM

This dude from Baltimore is another good un:

http://www.bosleymusic.net/music/

He got named best "Fake" R&B last year ... my buddy Brooks got named best "real" R&B and had a few interesting things to say about that: http://brookslong.com/home/blog/best-real-r-b-brooks-long-baltimore-city-paper-best-of-baltimore-2014

(I'll avoid going on my usual rant about the way the music scene is "handled" by everyone who isn't a part of it around this city at this point.)

irmcdermott

I just can't get enough of Sturgill Simpson these days. Excite to see him open up for Jason Isbell (i've posted before), this Sunday at The Ryman.