News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Went to buy some strings

Started by jimilee, May 27, 2017, 03:29:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimilee

My wife usually sits in the car, but this time she came in with me, walked out with this, but hey, they threw in the strings and a strap my wife picked out. I traded 2 guitars and a mandolin along with more money. So my guitar count dropped by1. I no longer have any epiphones or squires.
It's a 2016 Les Paul studio T with push pull volume knobs and the kicker is, they dropped the price down to 949 including the case (they already come with a case)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

kgull

"No, no, I didn't buy a new guitar, this is just how they package strings these days. Pretty cool huh? ;D"

madbean

That is sweet d00d, congrats. What did you trade in?

jimilee

Quote from: madbean on May 27, 2017, 04:04:33 PM
That is sweet d00d, congrats. What did you trade in?
100.00 Epiphone LP (was gonna put P90s in it, but I just never did, squire standard tele (not bad, I just couldn't get past the squire part) and a gretsch New Yorker mandolin with piezo pick up. It had a very small neck, my hand kept cramping up.

Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

culturejam

That's mighty white, Jimmy. Looks nice!
Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

wgc

Sweet!  Great looking lp. Chambered? 

Usually I go in to buy strings and come out with nothing but a bigger wish list  :-\
always the beautiful answer who asks a more beautiful question.
e.e. cummings

jimilee

Quote from: wgc on May 27, 2017, 06:18:10 PM
Sweet!  Great looking lp. Chambered? 

Usually I go in to buy strings and come out with nothing but a bigger wish list  :-\
This one is not chambered, it's a lot heavier for sure. My 2017 tribute T is though.

nzCdog

This was the first thing that came to mind when I saw that plush case... it looks so snuggly ;D
I was gassin hard for a Studio just like this a few years ago, a fine acquisition sir

PaulL

Very nice indeed.

Yes, please tell me that the case is lined with real puppy, none of that fake stuff.

jimilee

It is, it is lined with cuddly puppy fur. I want to mount some white leds in the case that light up when you open it.

bcalla

Crap.  Now I want a new guitar AND a puppy.

lego4040

That is nice, you dont see many white Les Pauls around

flanagan0718

Quote from: bcalla on May 28, 2017, 07:28:22 AM
Crap.  Now I want a new guitar AND a puppy.

Yup that about sums it up!

I love white LPs. I've always wanted a white studio with an ebony board. Congrats!

CODymmoT

I think I need to take my wife shopping for strings more often.

Nice purchase Jimi

Muadzin

You probably didn't need it one bit, but its still a gorgeous looking guitar. Congrats, dude!