News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Dandy Horse build

Started by gordo, May 31, 2017, 12:10:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gordo

Yeah as a matter of fact I do experience it but really not in the ranges I play it in.  It is annoying but totally in line with the original so I wouldn't alter it in any way.

I like the pedal because it's a big departure from other chorus and flangers.  It's much more subtle.  You can't get the rip that you can out of a 117 for example but you can get a very noise free bit of motion with a glassy top end.  If you go after the seasick and fast rate you get the chirps but you can go either/or and it's quiet. Fast and seasick isn't really my cup of tea anyway.

This was a pretty easy build, but I approached it in fits and starts while parts showed up.  Like you mentioned in the docs...measure all your parts for value before you commit to solder.  I did have to unsolder the switch to move it out of the way of the graphics and that was a nail biter enough.
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

bsoncini

I get some noise at extreme settings. Also a bit of noise in chorus mode. Maybe a calibration issue?

bcalla

gordo

Here's a shot of the enclosure drying in the sun.  I love the finish on this...

Gordy Power

Scruffie

Quote from: bsoncini on June 01, 2017, 11:39:52 AM
I get some noise at extreme settings. Also a bit of noise in chorus mode. Maybe a calibration issue?
If your levels between modes, wet/dry and bypass are right, probably not, the only thing then that affects noise would be the cancel trim.

Noise will be induced in some chorus settings, the delay time gets really long and it's just the design, it's really only the chirp from the feedback I was thinking of.

Quote from: gordo on June 02, 2017, 12:04:53 AM
Here's a shot of the enclosure drying in the sun.  I love the finish on this...

Purtyyy.
Works at Lectric-FX

gordo

To be honest this is one of the more quiet 3007 builds I recall, yet I don't hear any top end roll off to squelch any hiss. Would also be worth considering putting the Level trimmer on the outside.
Gordy Power

Boba7

Oh yeah the color is really nice!!

I wonder how it'd compare to the VFE Choral reef... :)

nzCdog

Bah... I give up.  That's far too tidy ;)
Congrats, a most impressive build Gordo 8)

KingDaddy

The finish on this is superb, excellent stuff

czapa tranzystor 2

Holy crap,enclosure is killer

steab

Hi guys!

I'm finishing to build this beauty, and I'm a little confused with the power supply... I've read 9v standard power supply (DC), but on the biasing note I've to check 15v~ and 7.5v~, this point put me in trouble..
Maybe someone can help me to be sure about what it's required to ?
Thanks

update : Damned isn't the good thread ahaha, I'm going to post it on the Lectric-FX announcement section

bcalla

Awesome graphics!  I really want one of those enclosures.

LaceSensor

this is really outstanding. Lovely finish and enclosure, too

mrclean77

So much going on in there, yet so clean - nice work, sir!

That shot of the inside also looks like it's revealing some of the color.

Coda-effects

What a beautiful build!

Is it a decal? Very clean and pro-looking!