News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Dandy Horse build

Started by gordo, May 30, 2017, 05:10:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gordo

I'm really liking this pedal.  This was one of those magic builds where it fired up first time.  I spent a bit of time copying the original graphics to work on a 17xx box.  I have no real graphics talent but I can copy stuff like all get out.  This is a mash up of old and new EHX.  Ripped off the graphics but went with the new knobs.  I got the circles around the knobs damn close to straight only to bugger up the Wet/Mix switch.  Oh well.

This one is in a PPP close out enclosure and there doesn't seem to be a way to capture the color.  It's silver flake over purple and the purple just doesn't show in the photos.  Because I'm a dumb-@ss I dropped it on my way back to the bench from the drill press so the lower right corner might be a better indicator of the color.  Sigh.

Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

Clark GriswoId

Well done man. Super clean and great retro graphics

jimilee

That's damn nice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

wgc

always the beautiful answer who asks a more beautiful question.
e.e. cummings

mjg

Quote from: gordo on May 30, 2017, 05:10:06 PM
I have no real graphics talent but I can copy stuff like all get out.

Nice copying skills man, it looks sweet! :)

stringsthings

All You Need Is Love

bluescage

CODymmoT

Wow! That's super cool. I may need to attempt this at some stage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boba7

Very impressive, what a spectacular build! Love everything about it!

Haberdasher

Looking for a discontinued madbean board?  Check out my THREAD

FABBED PCB's FOR SALE:
Now carrying Matched JFETS

Timko

SUPER clean.  Those graphics are ace.

peAk

Awesome, I love it

I wasn't even familiar with this circuit from Lectric

BrianS

zombiesonore

Very, very nice build!
The guts are incredibly clean.
The Dandy Horse is in my TODO list for this summer.  I hope I'll be able to do this kind of fine job.

Scruffie

Oh wow, I never know what to say on build threads but that is right up my street, love it, looks even better than my rusty old original and that's saying something.

No one's made any mention of the 'chirping' in their build reports, did you have any thoughts on that? I wonder if I over fixated on it now...
Works at Lectric-FX