News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Epic Phany (Big Muff)

Started by KingDaddy, June 08, 2017, 01:16:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KingDaddy

Here is my latest build (3 and counting), the name comes from a French mate of mine who overheard some woman talking about how she'd had an epiphany to which he turned round and asked (in his heavy french accent) "excuse me, did you just say you have an epic fanny?". I don't think she was too pleased... Anyway, he told me this about the same day as I'd just ordered this kit (it's a green russian btw) and the rest is history. For the American among you (I'm guessing that's most of you), "fanny" in the UK does NOT mean your butt.

No water slide or anything fancy here, I just ripped off ehx graphics (please don't sue me  :P) and got them printed on to some fancy sticker paper, I was skeptical but IMO it turned out pretty nice.

I spent an eternity trying to get the wire length down I've lost count of how many times she's been in and out of her box.

nzCdog

hahaha!  the puns abound.
very tidy build, nice job :)

KingDaddy

mrclean77

That graphic is slick, man! Eternity paid off, that wiring is squeaky clean.

I like I'm not the only one who digs putting inside jokes/stuff you hafta explain on pedals. I also am glad I re-read the top text - I had indeed forgot about the OTHER fanny  ;D

Aleph Null

Looks great inside and out. The name upholds the long tradition of fuzz circuit innuendo.

jimilee

I love everything about this down to the story.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

alanp

Epic ladyparts?  :o :o

Nice work :)
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

CODymmoT

That's such a great name for a pedal. Great build!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

culturejam

Epic Phany, they said. In and out of her box, they said.  ;D
Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

Matt

Matt

gordo

Very nicely done. I've never had the patience to put shrink tube on pot leads but it looks SO clean.
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

wgc

Nice build, cracked me up.
always the beautiful answer who asks a more beautiful question.
e.e. cummings

Zico

I like it a lot, looks mint, love the name :)

PaulL

Quote from: KingDaddy on June 08, 2017, 01:16:55 AM
Here is my latest build (3 and counting), the name comes from a French mate of mine who overheard some woman talking about how she'd had an epiphany to which he turned round and asked (in his heavy french accent) "excuse me, did you just say you have an epic fanny?". I don't think she was too pleased... Anyway, he told me this about the same day as I'd just ordered this kit (it's a green russian btw) and the rest is history. For the American among you (I'm guessing that's most of you), "fanny" in the UK does NOT mean your butt.

Very nice build and story too. I found out about the American use of the word fanny when an American colleague was telling me about a fight he got into and said " the guy pushed be back and I fell straight on my fanny"  I spent the next 30 seconds wondering if he was some sort of mutant transsexual.

KingDaddy

Quote from: PaulL on June 09, 2017, 06:45:53 AM
Very nice build and story too. I found out about the American use of the word fanny when an American colleague was telling me about a fight he got into and said " the guy pushed be back and I fell straight on my fanny"  I spent the next 30 seconds wondering if he was some sort of mutant transsexual.

Haha, love it. I can't help but smirk whenever I hear "fanny pack".

Sent from my E6633 using Tapatalk