News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Up Down Daddy and other fun

Started by jimilee, July 24, 2017, 06:12:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimilee

This is an octave pedal from Dalyk. He's got a cute story on how this name came about, it's in his site, the name of which escape me. It's got one up, one down two down and a volume. I really like the size.

This one is an engineers thumb, finally, a better compressor!!! Again, the less Realestate it takes up, the better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

BrianS

Both look awesome.  Really like the graphics on the compressor. 

nzCdog

wgc

always the beautiful answer who asks a more beautiful question.
e.e. cummings

Adam_DIY

Sweet I love the graphics on both of them nice job dude.

somnif

woah, when did madbean have an engineer's thumb pcb?  :o

flanagan0718

Love the decal! Great work bud.

jimilee

Quote from: somnif on July 24, 2017, 09:51:20 PM
woah, when did madbean have an engineer's thumb pcb?  :o
Ancient Chinese secret

Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

Martan

They both look great, Jimi. You are killing it in all aspects of the game. Nice job!

somnif

Quote from: jimilee on July 25, 2017, 02:06:50 AM
Ancient Chinese secret

是新設計嗎? 一個老了? 一個秘密的一個? 我想要一個五個旋鈕工程師的拇指年齡,所以考慮我好奇

(I really hope google translate doesn't make me look more brain damaged than usual...)

Matt

They both look great.
I think I need to build that octaver
Matt

mrclean77

I like the word "Daddy" being a part of the name only slightly more than the double octave control label being "Down Down".

;D ;D

Nice work, as usual, Mr. Jimi.

daleykd

Jimi,

Thanks for the business, man.  Well done.

To be completely transparent, the UDD is a pre-2015 LowRider/Pearl Octaver OC-07.  I wanted to make one that fits in a 1590B, and that's probably the most intense PCB I've designed and soldered.  Again, WELL DONE!

I guess MBP doesn't have the Engineer's Thumb anymore?  I'm going to start stocking them as soon as my next batch of PCBs comes in.

Kyle

bcalla

jimilee

Quote from: daleykd on July 25, 2017, 01:16:32 PM
Jimi,

Thanks for the business, man.  Well done.

To be completely transparent, the UDD is a pre-2015 LowRider/Pearl Octaver OC-07.  I wanted to make one that fits in a 1590B, and that's probably the most intense PCB I've designed and soldered.  Again, WELL DONE!

I guess MBP doesn't have the Engineer's Thumb anymore?  I'm going to start stocking them as soon as my next batch of PCBs comes in.

Kyle
I really like the design of this board, components on both sides is really smart. Surface mount has been doing it for years.
  I really don't care for the 1590bb enclosures on my board, but I really wanted an octaver. I've tried many, and used the boss OC-3 until now. I like the low rider , but don't care for the size, and the u-boat is a little too glitchy for my uses. Is the trimmer inside for calibration, it feels like it is.