News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Blueshift DImension C build

Started by LaceSensor, August 07, 2017, 09:16:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LaceSensor

Hi guys

Ive not been active at all, cant remember when my last build report was. However, I had to come out of temporary retirement to build the Aion Blueshift DC-2 clone.
First thing to say, is this beast is complex and has many many parts. I ordered using the Mouser spreadsheet for convenience, and the BBDs clocks companders from Banzai in Germany.

It took about 3 hours to populate the boards to about 99% done

From there it was time for a break before returning to drilling the case and test fitting. The drill template worked amazingly.

Note that I soldered the switches on after the test fit, despite what the first image Ive posted might indicate. I recommend others do the same.

My main concern with the build was wiring it. I chose the standard wiring scheme. As others have noted, ignore the diagram and use the table to match everything up correctly. Its worth doing all the grounds first then working "up" from the PCB, and finally the connections to the 3PDT

I built this in a cheap raw 125b that I had left over. I felt after all this time that I might not get away with a box before rock, so didnt want to waste a fancy powdercoat. Luckily for me, it worked first time. I biased by ear as I dont own a scope ( :-[). I did this by strumming hard and eradicating any clipping.

Final word. This sounds godlike. If you appreciate chorus, you need to build this, and run it in stereo. Its stunning.

somnif

Thank you for including an un-sandwiched picture. Looks amazing. Can't wait till I get a steady paycheck again and can grab my board  /drool.

Droogie

Great job! What's your favorite setting? I'm digging all up.
Chief Executive Officer in Charge of Burrito Redistribution at Hytone Electric

Martan

Good to hear from you again, and great work as always! I just got a box from Mouser with the rest of the parts today ;D The boxing does look a bit complex

stringsthings

Nice build and report.  Appreciate the populated board pics ... gives us an idea of what to expect
in terms of parts count and general crowded-ness.
All You Need Is Love

czapa tranzystor 2

build is killer.

LaceSensor

Quote from: Droogie on August 07, 2017, 10:42:16 AM
Great job! What's your favorite setting? I'm digging all up.

2 and 4 up with 3 down sounds amazeballs

not a bad sound in it

LaceSensor

EBK

Im slowly building one of these now.  Thinking about doing something different with the switches, going against Kevin's warning. (It looks like there are a few millimeters of wiggle room, at least.  ;))

I will echo the others who said thanks for the pics of the populated boards. Nice!
"There is a pestilence upon this land. Nothing is sacred. Even those who arrange and design shrubberies are under considerable economic stress in this period in history." --Roger the Shrubber

oip

awesome job and thanks for progress pics

i got to order one of these.

Zigcat

It's beautiful. I am so sad that all of the components get hidden. I can't wait to get mine buttoned up.

Philthy

Boba7

Awesome, and thanks a lot for the pics showing the populated pcbs!!

Willybomb

This is one of those builds where I look at it and go "You know what?  I'm just going to buy the Behringer clone..."

flanagan0718

Quote from: Willybomb on August 08, 2017, 07:46:52 AM
This is one of those builds where I look at it and go "You know what?  I'm just going to buy the Behringer clone..."

HAHA! i was debating it too!

Great Job. I love the original DC2 font too!