News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Aristocrat

Started by jkokura, July 11, 2010, 05:29:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jkokura

One of my favourite builds of the couple dozen I've done so far! Thanks Brian.

I haven't played around with all the diode pairings/settings yet, but I look forward to a long term relationship with this baby! Messed up on finishing if you look closely, but I step on it so... nobigdeal.

And the Guts.

Lots of room in there, but I'd rather the big amount of space so I don't step on the knobs...

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

gtr2

sexy, you paint your own cases?
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

stecykmi

nice build, how's the pcb held in place?

did you use the "stock" clipping diodes? i'm thinking about making one of these but I don't really want go out and find the unusual ones listed on the schem.

jkokura

Thanks for the complements.

No I didn't paint this case. I sometimes do paint my own cases, but this one is a PPP case, 1790NS in sparkle red.

I did go with the 'stock' clipping diodes. At least, the ones Brian calls for in this build. I think anytime you can use something different than the usual 1n4148 or 1n34a it's cool, so I went and got them. They're pricier than average, but Madbean's got your back with the recommended places to find them in the build notes.

Really, really cool pedal. It makes me want to get a real one from Analogman...

Jacob
JMK PCBs *New Website*

gtr2

I just ordered the board for an aristocrat.  Can't wait to get started when I have some time...
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

madbean

Interestingly, my new AC15 totally hates my single channel version of this one. I was surprised considering I've gotten some pretty good sounds out of it through other amps. But, with the Vox it sounded thin and anemic. Probably some adjustment of caps would help dull it down to offset the brightness of the amp.

jkokura

Thread Ressurection!

Got a video of the pedal up finally.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PMUX1GZ5cHw

Enjoy!

Jacob
JMK PCBs *New Website*

gtr2

Thanks for posting!  It was interesting to compare to the one I built, sounded pretty close, and the settings like the volume at 3 o'clock for unity gain with the tone and drive at noon are similar.  It was hard sometimes to hear the pedals character on the lower drive settings though, as your camera was picking up a lot of the unamplified sound from your beautiful 335.
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

princeton

This baby sounds awesome. Thx for posting the demo. One of my next builds. Btw. fancy socks  ;D

jackbart1960

Jacob,
I'll second the nice socks :o As a winter hiker I've formed relationships with great pairs of sox. LOL.
Very cool to post this. Nice job. Did you wire your LEDs to the first post on your foot switch? I was also thinking of putting the diode select on the out side of the box. But I don't know if it would be to crowded.
Peace. J.J.B.