News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

quick question about potentiometers

Started by IWouldLikeToDIY, December 29, 2017, 01:29:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IWouldLikeToDIY

Hello everyone !

Ive just started my first project and and would need a 50kB, 10kA and 25kB ...
I have absolutelly NO IDEA what kA/B is ... Can someone tell me what resistance they got (ohms) ??

thank you , wish you a happy new year and pardon please my english ;)

Scruffie

50k (50,000 ohms) is the value, A/B/C is the taper. A is Logarithmic, B is Linear, C is Reverse Logarithmic.
Works at Lectric-FX

Zigcat

somnif

W is log from 0 to 5, reverse-log from 5 to 10. Fine control at the extremes, coarse control in the middle.

madbean

In very rare cases, A can be used for linear and B for Audio. Only seen that mentioned in the UK, though. For everyone else it is the other way round (99% of the time).

EBK

Quote from: madbean on December 29, 2017, 05:51:58 PM
In very rare cases, A can be used for linear and B for Audio. Only seen that mentioned in the UK, though. For everyone else it is the other way round (99% of the time).
Translation:  It's ok to feel a little confused.
Around 1 out of 100 people seem to inadvertently get the linear/audio, B/A thing backwards.  For instance, there was this one British guy.... :P
"There is a pestilence upon this land. Nothing is sacred. Even those who arrange and design shrubberies are under considerable economic stress in this period in history." --Roger the Shrubber

peterc

QuoteIn very rare cases, A can be used for linear and B for Audio. Only seen that mentioned in the UK, though.

I have only seen this on 2 brands of pots, Omeg and Piher. YMMV though....

Peter
Affiliation: bizzaraudio.com

Valid

Many DOD pedals have alpha pots that are marked with a W. But they don't seem to be
log->center<-rev.log.
Does anybody what they are?
B?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro