News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Not really a demo, more of a quick noodle. Rust Driver.

Started by jimmybjj, September 18, 2011, 05:39:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmybjj

Taken with my iPhone. Just a quick one take :) My rust driver, aqua boy, and the 18 watt i built :)

Pcbs no longer available

jprizz

jubal81

Goooodgooogamoooga! Wow.
After that I don't think I'd have time to build because I'd spending all my free time playing.

OK, you gotta spill a couple things for us.
1. Which 18 watt design did you go with, because it sounded so smooth.
And 2. Did you put the status light for the Rust Driver on the side of the box? If so, I think that's a really cool idea.
"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair

slimtriggers

Kinda Satriani-esque noodling 8) 

What speaker(s) are in the Avatar cab?  Hellatone Vintage 30?  Sounds good. 

jimmybjj

Thanks for the compliments guys.

The amp is a slight variation of a "18 watt lite IIb"

The led is on the front next to the dc jack. I did this for pure aesthetic reasons. The led is protruding several mm's past the surface of the enclosure so visibility is not a problem.

The cab is a 2x12 avatar "vintage" with a hellatone v30 and a g12h30.
Pcbs no longer available

timbo_93631

Did you go for the full 18 watt kit from Watts Tube Audio or just the chassis?  IIRC Ken's kit is a lite IIb but with a PPIMV and a fat switch for a bigger cathode bypass cap on V1 right?  Very nice tone!
Sunday Musical Instruments LLC.
Sunday Handwound Pickups

jimmybjj

Quote from: timbo_93631 on September 19, 2011, 12:21:49 PM
Did you go for the full 18 watt kit from Watts Tube Audio or just the chassis?  IIRC Ken's kit is a lite IIb but with a PPIMV and a fat switch for a bigger cathode bypass cap on V1 right?  Very nice tone!

Just the chassis and transformers, I made my own board.  Btw the ppimv isn't really :) it's more like a drive control.I didn't keep use the fat boost, but I believe you are right, it paralleled another cap.
Pcbs no longer available

timbo_93631

That is cool.  I always love dealing with Ken Watts, he is a good guy and has fair prices, those fabbed chassis look like they'd be nice to use.
Sunday Musical Instruments LLC.
Sunday Handwound Pickups

Haberdasher

Looking for a discontinued madbean board?  Check out my THREAD

FABBED PCB's FOR SALE:
Now carrying Matched JFETS

k.rock!

Sounds really cool Jimmy! The pedal looks great and your playing is very good too! Good job man :)

-Kaleb
God bless!
www.kalebromero.com

bigmufffuzzwizz

Mmhh..that pedal is a bit rusty sounding, but in a good way!
That little 18 watt Marshall looks fabulous! I had to go back a few times a get a satisfactory glimpse at it..
Owner and operator of Magic Pedals

jimmybjj

Quote from: bigmufffuzzwizz on September 21, 2011, 01:05:16 AM
Mmhh..that pedal is a bit rusty sounding, but in a good way!
That little 18 watt Marshall looks fabulous! I had to go back a few times a get a satisfactory glimpse at it..

Thanks, here are a couple of crappy pics taken with my phone

Pcbs no longer available

jkokura

JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

jimmybjj

Thanks for all the great compliments guys :)

Quote from: jkokura on September 23, 2011, 05:10:17 PM
That's pretty dang cool Jimmy.

jacob

Thanks Jacob, i'm pretty fond of it. It's my favorite amp by far. My building it might have a small role it being my favoite though  ;D
Pcbs no longer available