News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Nomojo fuzz stomp switch options

Started by p_wats, February 27, 2018, 10:43:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

p_wats

Hey guys,

I finally populated my Nomojo fuzz board from the fundraiser way back (was scared of SMD for a while). Now I'm curious about how I should wire the stomp(s). The options I've considered are:

- One bypass for each effect (which would result in both off, 1 on/1 off, both on)
- One bypass and one effect selector (which would result in both off, 1 on/1 off only)

Do you think there's ever a reason to want both the FF and TB on at the same time or would it be more fun to be able to quickly toggle between them?

pickdropper

Quote from: p_wats on February 27, 2018, 10:43:38 AM
Hey guys,

I finally populated my Nomojo fuzz board from the fundraiser way back (was scared of SMD for a while). Now I'm curious about how I should wire the stomp(s). The options I've considered are:

- One bypass for each effect (which would result in both off, 1 on/1 off, both on)
- One bypass and one effect selector (which would result in both off, 1 on/1 off only)

Do you think there's ever a reason to want both the FF and TB on at the same time or would it be more fun to be able to quickly toggle between them?

I wired mine up with a single footswitch and a toggle to switch between them.  It was a tight fit, but I got it in a 1590a

In a larger box you could give them each their own footswitch or have a master footswitch and a footswitch toggle to choose which one is active.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

p_wats

Quote from: pickdropper on February 27, 2018, 12:01:21 PM
Hey guys,

I wired mine up with a single footswitch and a toggle to switch between them.  It was a tight fit, but I got it in a 1590a

In a larger box you could give them each their own footswitch or have a master footswitch and a footswitch toggle to choose which one is active.
Do you have any pics of your build? I couldn't find any in a 1590a and wasn't sure I could make it work.

I'm likely to stick with a 125b or something, as I don't have any b1k 9mm pots.

Sent from my SM-N950W using Tapatalk

pickdropper

Quote from: p_wats on February 27, 2018, 04:10:18 PM
Hey guys,

Do you have any pics of your build? I couldn't find any in a 1590a and wasn't sure I could make it work.

Sure, here are a few pics:

Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

p_wats

Quote from: pickdropper on February 28, 2018, 09:20:48 PM
Quote from: p_wats on February 27, 2018, 04:10:18 PM
Hey guys,

Sure, here are a few pics:

Wow! That's amazing. I don't think I could make that work, as I don't have 1k pots in 9mm size, but inspiring to see that.