News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Boring Q for iPhone users re attachments

Started by Addy Bart, March 22, 2018, 09:12:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Addy Bart

Wondering what one does to upload attachments around here? The forum doesn't allow jpeg files (although frustratingly, jpgs are ok).

sjaustin

I use the Tapatalk app, which I mostly hate and which is apparently a privacy nightmare (TGP doesn't support it at all), but it's very convenient in lots of ways, including uploading photos.

Addy Bart

Ah, I see. If it's not possible for Brian to fix it to allow jpegs, I'll give that a try. Thanks!

blearyeyes

I resort to emailing photos to myself. the iPhone (most of the time) will ask you what size you want to email. That will get you around the size restrictions. then I use "Files" on my iPad to rename to .jpg. PITA Thanks APPLE! Of course apple wouldn't think people want to compress their file size and rename files because that would be sooo ah complicated and I'm stupid? Losing interest in iOS. I was just opening in windows and using photoshop but SHEESH! Very frustrating.

Addy Bart

That's very helpful, thanks! Never knew you could rename things inside the Files app. Maybe I'll dig it out from the folder where all the useless Apple crap festers.  :P

chromesphere

The best way to do this is the put the iphone in the bin and buy an android.  OMG...what have I started...

Just kidding around, hope you work it out :)
Pedal Parts Shop              Youtube