News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Beginning the Vero Adventure

Started by greyscales, September 26, 2011, 09:05:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jkokura

I'd love to see a schem of the Paisley. Also, the Timmy is worth hearing. I might have a built Timmy clone around if someone might be interested...

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

petesz

Quote from: bigmufffuzzwizz on September 27, 2011, 10:45:56 AM
Yes IvIark does great layouts!
And how could I forget this wonderful site....
http://www.sabrodesign.com/
He just uploaded so many new layouts, plus the amazing amount on there already and even takes requests!!!

Woah never come across this before! Awesome! Im pretty sure i've got some vero lying around.. might have to get back into it.

thetrend77

I hope I'm not stealing this thread, but I had a question about this layout: http://www.sabrotone.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/CrankedAC.gif

I don't quite understand how to wire the pots. For example, on the gain pot, obviously lugs 2 and 3 are soldered to 1d and 1c, but it says lug 1 goes to ground. Do I wire this to the ground pad on the board (1b)? If so, do I also wire volume lug 1 to that same spot? Or is there some other place I'm supposed to wire those lugs that should be wired to ground? Can I just solder the lug to the back of the pot (like a Les Paul is wired, for example)?

Also, it says Tone 2 and 3 are wired to the same spot (1k). Can I just wire a jumper from 2 to 3 and just have one wire going to the pad on the board?

Anyway, I'm just trying to learn all I can about this before I tackle it lol. Thanks guys!

EDIT: OH, and if it says a pot's lug goes to Output, does that mean it goes to the tip of the output jack or the output lug on the footswitch?

bigmufffuzzwizz

I think these are valid questions Jacob.
All the grounds are connected so you can wire them all together via the in/out jack lugs, a ground strip (or multiple) on the vero board or anything else connected to ground. You probably could solder to the back of the pot, never tried that.

If 2 lugs are connected via the same wire to the board I just connect them on the pot like you described.
It helps to find the schem as well and compare to that  :)
Owner and operator of Magic Pedals

thetrend77

Ah ok thanks, that helps a lot! What about the last question I posted in my edit about the lug going to output?

bigmufffuzzwizz

Really depends on what you wanna use the pedal for. If you want to wire it with bypass it would be cosidered the fx out and goes to the footswitch. For some pedals you may always want it on and in that case it would go straight to the out jack lug.

thetrend77

Gotcha, that's what I was thinking but I just wanted to make sure. Thanks!!

greyscales

This weekend it looks like I am going to be pretty busy with some vero builds. I ordered the stripboard cutting thing from eBay, tippikat was the seller, and it works pretty well. I used the recommendation about using an enclosure to snap the board, and it worked very well.

My first build is going to be a Devi Ever Soda Meiser. Low parts count, crazy fuzz, and simple layout, all the key components to a new build.

marmaliser

Quote from: greyscales on October 07, 2011, 10:03:35 AMI used the recommendation about using an enclosure to snap the board, and it worked very well.
;)  ;D

bigmufffuzzwizz

Quote from: greyscales on October 07, 2011, 10:03:35 AM
My first build is going to be a Devi Ever Soda Meiser. Low parts count, crazy fuzz, and simple layout, all the key components to a new build.

There's is a ton of vero layotus for her fuzzes, some old and some current ones on her forum. There's a nice DIY building section over there. Haven't been there in awhile

TheCobbenator

Anyone know of any layouts for the Godzilla?

lloyd17

thought I'd pop in and mention the sea blue eq as a great vero project. Super easy to build and when you're done you have a really nice clean booster.