News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Protoype Rig

Started by deadbeat, June 03, 2018, 03:11:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

deadbeat

I'm just getting into building my own pedals and figured I'd follow advice and build a prototype rig first. I'm following the "Making a prototype rig" tutorial and I think I've have most things figured out but I'm a bit confused about the wringing on page 16. Specifically the DC input appears to have reversed +9V and ground, is there a reason for this, is it a mistake or am I misunderstanding something?

Also I think I've got this one figured out but I've populated my Road Rage board and checked the outputs and they're not quite what I expected with 9V power supply. +15V reads at +15V but +9 reads at about +8.6V and +18V at around +17V. I guess this makes sense for +9V at least since the forward voltage on the diode in between is supposed to be 0.45V but I just want to be sure nothing's wrong.

m-Kresol

your voltages on the road rage are fine. As you said, you have to consider the diode's forward voltage and most supplies are not straight 9V.

about the wiring: it is not clear on the pic and it looks as if the red wire is going to the - pole of the roadrage. However, I'm quite sure it's just the picture angle! Connect the + from your voltage input to the + pad of the roadrage and - pad to GND.
I build pedals to hide my lousy playing.

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol
My build docs and tutorials

deadbeat