News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Aquaboy Big Problem - Need Help (FAKE MN3101-Solved)

Started by mickey.bellinello, August 05, 2018, 01:54:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mickey.bellinello

Here I am!

The MN3101 is arrived! The pedal now works!

I've got some further questions.

1)I haven't got a frequency measurement on my DMM. Using a probe attached to pin 3 of the MN3005 Turning the clock trim I hear that the wiii sound at a certain point disappear and I have reps. Is it the "sweet spot" point? Or are there other ways to calibrate the clock?
2)I socketed c14 (82nf) and c30 (100pf). Do I get big differences using a 100nf instead of the 82nf in c14? And increasing c30 do I get more delay time?

Thanks So Much

trailer

Quote from: mickey.bellinello on August 07, 2018, 06:40:30 AM
Here I am!

The MN3101 is arrived! The pedal now works!

I've got some further questions.

1)I haven't got a frequency measurement on my DMM. Using a probe attached to pin 3 of the MN3005 Turning the clock trim I hear that the wiii sound at a certain point disappear and I have reps. Is it the "sweet spot" point? Or are there other ways to calibrate the clock?
2)I socketed c14 (82nf) and c30 (100pf). Do I get big differences using a 100nf instead of the 82nf in c14? And increasing c30 do I get more delay time?

Thanks So Much

Where did you get your MN3101? I'm having similar issues with my Aqua Boy and I'm getting back around to it now.

mickey.bellinello

Hi!

I bought the fake ones from Musikding site.

The good one comes from eBay. The supplier is italian (I live in Italy) and his name is ipertronica-it

Hope it helps

Boba7

Quote from: mickey.bellinello on August 15, 2018, 09:58:39 AM
I bought the fake ones from Musikding site.
m

You should let the guy from Musikding know, I find him pretty responsive and helpful.
Glad you got it working!! :)

zombiesonore

QuoteYou should let the guy from Musikding know, I find him pretty responsive and helpful.

Yes, I insist. I think the Musikding team will be interested in the fact that some of their mn3101 are really 3102.
Mind the fact that he's in vacation right know.
I'm just saying: I have bought good mn3101 from musikding and banzaimusic.

mickey.bellinello

Here I am.

I'm not criticizing Musikding. It's my main suppliers and this is the first time I had a problem.

Thanks for the comments, when I wrote it I didn't think that in the way it's written the post could "damage" this supplier.

Probably an edit is needed? Please tell me.

In any way..I say it again.. Musikding is my primary supplier.. It's a lot of year I order from them and no problems at all.

madbean

XVIVE should probably make a repro of the MN3101 since they are already doing the MN3005. I guess the demand is smaller for it, though. I'm sure EHX is a big customer and the DMM doesn't use the MN3101.

Scruffie

Quote from: madbean on August 16, 2018, 02:44:58 AM
XVIVE should probably make a repro of the MN3101 since they are already doing the MN3005. I guess the demand is smaller for it, though. I'm sure EHX is a big customer and the DMM doesn't use the MN3101.
Oddly, they do make a 3102 even though they don't make any 32XX chips.
Works at Lectric-FX

Aentons

I recently ordered four of the "nos" mn3101 from Banzai and they appear to be mn3102 as well. The were cheap so I suspected that it may be 2good2btrue, but I took a shot anyway. I just built an aquababy and couldn't get it to work until I tried Scruffie's 100r trick. It still doesn't give much feedback but at least I can hear the delayed signal.

mickey.bellinello

Quote from: Aentons on March 31, 2021, 08:08:38 AM
I recently ordered four of the "nos" mn3101 from Banzai and they appear to be mn3102 as well.

Hi have you tried buying it from Musikding? I see that they have several kits of pedals that include MN3101 chips. ;)

Aentons

Quote from: mickey.bellinello on March 31, 2021, 08:25:25 AM
Quote from: Aentons on March 31, 2021, 08:08:38 AM
I recently ordered four of the "nos" mn3101 from Banzai and they appear to be mn3102 as well.

Hi have you tried buying it from Musikding? I see that they have several kits of pedals that include MN3101 chips. ;)
No, I'm in the US so it was a long shot.

Bio77

I have successfully bought BBDs and clocks from UTsource (including 3101s), that were all real and functioning.  I tried to get some more rare stuff like BA6110 and TA7136P but those were duds.  I get the impression that they are pulling parts from old gear, but I've been satisfied with most of my purchases.

jimilee

I have successful bought bbds from cabintech and synthcube.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

Aentons

I got my mn3005s from synthcube so I know they are good. I wish they had some 3101s but they don't. I almost tried utsource but I didn't feel like dealing with them. I have a few from a positively rated ebay seller on the way. I'll report back once I test them. Thanks for the tips guys

benny_profane