Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Big Release Day! Free Donuts!

Started by madbean, August 10, 2018, 02:59:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adam_DIY

So what was the donut shaped board?

EBK

"There is a pestilence upon this land. Nothing is sacred. Even those who arrange and design shrubberies are under considerable economic stress in this period in history." --Roger the Shrubber

EBK

Quote from: Matmosphere on August 16, 2018, 08:34:21 AM
Series of boards shaped like each state. 50 in all
I absolutely swear the following is true:
Before you posted that, I asked myself what would be an especially weird shape for a PCB, and quite randomly, "Oklahoma" is the answer that popped into my head.  ;D
"There is a pestilence upon this land. Nothing is sacred. Even those who arrange and design shrubberies are under considerable economic stress in this period in history." --Roger the Shrubber

alanp

I want to see what a noncontiguous state like Hawaii would look like, as a PCB.
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

m-Kresol

Quote from: EBK on August 16, 2018, 01:57:09 PM
Before you posted that, I asked myself what would be an especially weird shape for a PCB, and quite randomly, "Oklahoma" is the answer that popped into my head.  ;D

actually, your state lines are generally very easy as an outline with lots of straight lines. Anywhere but the US, the borders are way worse for pcb shape. ;) But I like the idea. could be like a puzzle. Once you got them all, you got the monster build (with pads to hook them all together) :D
I build pedals to hide my lousy playing.

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol
My build docs and tutorials

TheDude

Quote from: m-Kresol on August 17, 2018, 06:32:57 AM
actually, your state lines are generally very easy as an outline with lots of straight lines. Anywhere but the US, the borders are way worse for pcb shape. ;) But I like the idea. could be like a puzzle. Once you got them all, you got the monster build (with pads to hook them all together) :D

West of the Mighty Miss, yes. But east of it? You ever seen the border of Kentucky? That flat southern border is a respite for the hellacious rest of that state's border, haha.

I like the idea of a state mega-build, though have fun drilling that enclosure if they're board mounted pots and switches...

Sent from my LGLS755 using Tapatalk

The dude abides

madbean

Let's make that Monday for the UT video. In the process of trying to remove the bad tube I destroyed several pads on the main board and it's not repairable. So, I'm building up a new board tomorrow. So, that happened. RIP OG UberTuber.

But, while I'm at it I'm going to test the rest of the tubes I got this weekend so yay me.

gordo

Yay Brian :-)

I had all my parts together to finish this tonite till I realized that by "long-pin pcb pots" you meant "long-pin pcb pots".  I was going to McGiver the short pins with buss wire and finally just ordered the darn things. Geez.
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

stringsthings

All You Need Is Love

reddesert

Alabama is covered: http://1776effects.com/product/3pdt-boards/

matmosphere

Quote from: reddesert on August 18, 2018, 03:38:53 PM

Alabama is covered: http://1776effects.com/product/3pdt-boards/

Hahaha

zgrav

Is there a way to test the 6111 tube before soldering it into place?
I'm guess the answer to that is "not really"

hasanova

I was even wandering if there is a way to use pins and pinholders or some sort to test the tubes and maybe not even have to solder them at all, like bigger pre-amp & out-put tubes and their sockets.

madbean

You could breadboard just the input stage to test tubes. If one triode works chances are the second one does, too. You will need to hook up the heaters though so you would need to be very careful about touching the 5W resistor (let it cool down after powering off).