I ordered two instead of the three needed for the schematic
opinions for subs ?
Anything interesting or better ?
4002 , or germainium ?
and which position if one is to sub ?

tia , i'll throw something in there just thought
knowledgable opinion may give me a better start

Haberdasher

Steve from smallbear says this is a substitute.  I have no personal experience with the part myself.
http://www.smallbearelec.com/Detail.bok?no=322

EDIT:  I can't find where I read about that now.  You might want to wait for someone else to weigh in on this.
Looking for a discontinued madbean board?  Check out my THREAD

FABBED PCB's FOR SALE:
Now carrying Matched JFETS

okgb

Thanks for the reply ,
maybe there is something  interesting
to mix & match  ? with the bat 41

When i put bat41 into the digikey filter
some schotsky diode popped up
so i ordered a couple of those

madbean

bat41 is a Schottky. It has a somewhat higher forward voltage than a germanium. However, either 1n34a or 1n270 germanium diodes will work very well as a substitute.

okgb

thanks for the reply Brian
Am i mistaken or are the 1n34's getting harder to find ?
I'll pop one of those in for Asymetrical vibe

rowland1

Hi. I have some Bat46s. Can I use those as a sub? Thx

madbean

Yep, BAT46 should be just fine. The 41's have become just about my favorite clipping diode now. I'm starting to use them all over the place.

rowland1

Thanks!! I put the 46s in and it sounds great.  I appreciate you're fast reply!!

It has a lot of gain with the bat46s. Would the bat41s be more or less clipping / distortion (if that even makes sense)?

Thanks again!!

eniacmike

I got bat41's from mouser. I really like them alot too, but I am worried it's just mojo hype but they do sound nice to me and have a nice compressed feel.

The best source for 1n34a's I have found is Aron's store over at diystompboxes.com I bought out my local store a while back and got about 25 but I am almost out so I ordered some from Aron. If anybody has another source let me know I wouldn't mind ordering big lot.

Haberdasher

if you're not in a hurry for the parts futurlec has 1n34a's dirt cheap.  10 of em for 50 cents evidently.
http://www.futurlec.com/Diodes/1N34Apr.shtml

they have bat41's too.
Looking for a discontinued madbean board?  Check out my THREAD

FABBED PCB's FOR SALE:
Now carrying Matched JFETS

rowland1

Thanks Haberdasher!
I ordered both the 1n34s and the bat41s from futurlec. I also ordered a OPA2604 which I heard was a better opamp than the AD712.