News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

First post First build!

Started by Bandersnatch, August 30, 2018, 03:40:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bandersnatch

My first build is a li'l echo kit from byoc. I was able to do a waterslide decal on it with some paint and clear. I am proud of the final result everything works as is should first try. Next build is going to be a rat clone. On to pics!

"To defy the laws of tradition is a crusade only of the brave"
Les.

jimilee

Man, that looks great. And your first build is a 1590a, kudos.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

drog_trog

Those A enclosures are tight, great for first build!

cooder

Excellent tidy squeeze there, you're going down the rabbit hole now.
Point of no return...  8)
BigNoise Amplification

selfdestroyer

Great job.. 1590A for a first build, wow. Adventurous. Can't wait to see more of your builds.

That bat artwork is really cool also.

Bandersnatch

Thanks for all the kind words guys. It was the first pcb I ever put together. Any previous experience with soldering and wire tucking was on automotive 12v systems. I didn't realize how small the pedal was until it showed up. Definitely past the point of no return in that rabbit hole haha. I already have every pedal and color and decal scheme picked out in my head. This is one of the most rewarding things I have done recently.
"To defy the laws of tradition is a crusade only of the brave"
Les.

storyboardist

Looks great! Awesome first build!
Guy behind Effects Layouts

impycat1

Excellent job.
you'll be addicted to building pedals now.

Aleph Null

Congratulations! It looks really good, especially for a first build. Paint and waterslide look immaculate. What kind of paint did you use?

m-Kresol

I'll echo what the others said (pun intended). Great build all around and an ambitious one for sure.
I build pedals to hide my lousy playing.

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol
My build docs and tutorials

Tremster

Sure, "First build", tehehehe.

Greatly done!

BryGuy

Really cool how you have the decal flowing from the top to the side. Nice job all around.

Leevibe

Fantastic first build! Welcome!! I'm looking forward to seeing the rat build.

nzCdog

1590A as your first build? Impressive. Looking at that, I'd say you have a natural talent for pedal building!  Congrats, and be sure to post more of your builds ☺️

jjjimi84

1590a for a first build?!? That is insane, I want to pat you on the back and tell you it gets easier from here on out. Easier and more expensive, and before you know you have almost 100 pedals and enjoy the smell of solder. But still hate drilling, no one likes drilling.