News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

delay tails

Started by A1Full, August 30, 2018, 05:20:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

A1Full

Hi, how to place a spdt of tails on / off in the circuit, Aquaboy, Deathklaw etc. I have tried one that is online, but I have a strong pop when turning this on or off.
Can someone help me? Thanks

A1Full

jimilee

Have you used a pull down resistor to remedy the pop?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

A1Full

yes sir, but it does not work.

I want to put tails to the Deathklaw circuit for example I do not know how or where to do it, because everything I did up to now did not work.

thanks for answering

madbean

This is how to do tails in the Deathklaw. You only need a 2PDT footswitch but a 3PDT is fine. You'll switch the bypass LED ON when tails is engaged, obviously. So, two poles of the footswitch are for the LED and two poles are for Tails.

A1Full

Thank you very much I'll try it, this serves in the same way for any delay of your projects, what can apply the same? Or does something differ?

Thank you

madbean

Quote from: A1Full on September 01, 2018, 04:29:51 PM
Thank you very much I'll try it, this serves in the same way for any delay of your projects, what can apply the same? Or does something differ?

Thank you

You can use this method on any PT2399 delay. Other delays may differ though in terms of what is the best approach or where the tails thing is inserted. So, it depends on what else you want to apply it to.

One thing to keep in mind with any PT2399 delay and tails is whatever noise exists at the delay output will carry through to your regular guitar signal. IOW, if you set very long delay times which result in any noise or aliasing on the delay output you are going to hear that even when the "tails" are off. With other delay deigns which are not as noise prone this is not a problem. For example, a DM-2.

A1Full

Thank you very much, it was a great help

A1Full

Excuse these values should I remove them or leave them? c5 r24 c22?

madbean

Quote from: A1Full on September 01, 2018, 04:53:37 PM
Excuse these values should I remove them or leave them? c5 r24 c22?

Everything else stays the same. The only thing you are changing is adding the extra caps and resistors I showed and changing the bypass switching.