News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

MBP Blooze Rock Song

Started by jjjimi84, September 30, 2018, 09:32:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jjjimi84

I wanted to try and showcase the naughtyfish, I set out to just do the naughtyfish but everytime I play the naughtyfish I get nothing done and just riff away mindlessly. It is an incredible little pedal, I love it!

So I used all four of my brain cells and focused and recorded this using an entire Madbean board. Stratocaster into the naughtyfish, into a tuner, into the kingslayer, into the dirtbaby and into a moodring, all into the front of a mesa mini rec.

The main rhythm guitar is my old strat with the moodring barely on with the kingslayer slamming the front of a mesa mini rec. I bring in a second guitar which is a prs sc58 using the exact same settings and pan them hard right and left. The naughtyfish is straight up the middle with a little moodring on it and a fourth guitar is on there with the dirt baby for slap back until the solo where i up the feedback and mix level. Bass guitar has a little dirtbaby love on it too.

Bloooooooozzzzeeee ROCK!
[soundcloud]https://soundcloud.com/dan-keclik/mbp-blooze-rock[/soundcloud]

jimilee

I really really dig that. Let's have some fun. Post that backing track, and then everyone can play along using their favorite and or unique madbean pedal and then post it. Make it its own thread. Not a contest, just a fun thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

jjjimi84

I love that idea, ican have it mixed down by tonight. Should i just post the soundcloud link or a dropbox link? Let people download it and load it into there own daw.

Heck yeah, I think this is going to be awesome.

jimilee

SoundCloud would be ideal. I think it will be fun to do. You can cal it something like madbean pedal backing track or let me hear those Madbean pedals.

Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

gtr2

1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

jjjimi84

I am digging up this necro thread for a little bit of an update to this Dirtbaby life span, about 8 months ago I sent this pedal to the guitar player of my favorite band, Umphreys McGee.

I sent a note stating how amazing it is and just watched this documentary about his recording process and it has a brief cameo. This was a super cool thing to see and really boosted my spirits. Hats off to Brian for this amazing design.

Here is the link and the gear talk is about an hour and fourteen in.

https://boondockbuild.mandolin.com/

jimilee

Man, that's pretty cool. Is your buddy the guy that plays the gold top Les Paul?

jjjimi84

Quote from: jimilee on April 27, 2021, 01:32:15 PM
Man, that's pretty cool. Is your buddy the guy that plays the gold top Les Paul?

I had an opportunity to take lessons with Jake who plays strats and Brendan who plays the prs les pauls. That documentary is with Jake, he is an insane guitar player and multi instrumentalist, lays a whole song down in two hours playing every instrument.

cooder

Excellent, cool playing and great fun! I really need to get my head around being able to do some recording, when I find the time...
BigNoise Amplification

jimilee

Quote from: jjjimi84 on April 27, 2021, 02:16:24 PM
Quote from: jimilee on April 27, 2021, 01:32:15 PM

I had an opportunity to take lessons with Jake who plays strats and Brendan who plays the prs les pauls. That documentary is with Jake, he is an insane guitar player and multi instrumentalist, lays a whole song down in two hours playing every instrument.
Those guys are awesome to watch, lots of talent.