News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

PedalPCB ThreeVerb FV-1 Reverb

Started by Bio77, October 08, 2018, 12:27:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bio77

This one is my first FV-1 build.  Also, first time using the relay bypass (1776 FX - Finish Line).  Mounted the relay switch on the LED (tip from cooder, thanks!)

Really like this pedal, sounds great.  Also love the soft touch relay, it's going to be my new jam for future builds.

Ekimneets

Forgive my ignorance but what does a soft touch relay offer you the standard foot switch doesn't?

I like to build very much and I'm actually going to get that board soon so I'm considering doing the same thing

Typo'd from my iphone
Legion of one at Black Octopus Pedalworx.

Bio77

The soft touch uses a momentary foot switch, they are a lot more reliable.  The 3PDT had been the source of failure on a few of my builds, both initially and after using them for awhile.  Also, the soft touch doesn't pop when you engage the effect. 

Ekimneets

Thx I'm going to have to get one of those to play with.

Typo'd from my iphone

cooder

Excellent build, very tidy! Dig the graphics, fits perfectly!
Glad the 1776 relay bypass works for you too, I can sing only high praise off it... I think it's worth the extra money and effort compared to the standard blue switch.
BigNoise Amplification

Ekimneets

Quote from: cooder on October 11, 2018, 07:15:34 AM
Glad the 1776 relay bypass works for you too, I can sing only high praise off it... I think it's worth the extra money and effort compared to the standard blue switch.
So, I'm over at 1776 looking at what to get. I see the board and micro controller. What switch and relay do I need? If you don't mind.

Typo'd from my iphone

cooder

Quote from: Ekimneets on October 11, 2018, 07:21:23 AM
So, I'm over at 1776 looking at what to get. I see the board and micro controller. What switch and relay do I need? If you don't mind.

Typo'd from my iphone
I personally use these relays:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/20pcs-TAKAMISAWA-5V-RELAY-2-form-C-DPDT-Mini-AL5WN-K/323373464700?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649
and tayda momentary footswitches:
https://www.taydaelectronics.com/spst-momentary-soft-touch-push-button-stomp-foots-pedal-switch.html

BigNoise Amplification

Ekimneets

Thank you, your most generous with your time information. Need to read up on these any tips or tricks that you have found helpful? If I haven't exhausted my goodwill yet!

-Mike

Typo'd from my iphone

Bio77

Thanks, cooder!  I learned a lot from your build reports.

Bio77

I used this relay:

https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/kemet/ea2-5snj/?qs=rjnFDYRVT0pyNrkQASyvGA%3d%3d&countrycode=US&currencycode=USD

I also used the momentary switch from Tayda.  Would be pretty easy to replace if it fails, so, worth the risk.

Ekimneets

Quote from: Bio77 on October 11, 2018, 05:11:19 PM

I used this relay:

https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/kemet/ea2-5snj/?qs=rjnFDYRVT0pyNrkQASyvGA%3d%3d&countrycode=US&currencycode=USD

I also used the momentary switch from Tayda.  Would be pretty easy to replace if it fails, so, worth the risk.

Thanks I probably order more stuff from Mouser than any other place. So that makes it really easy to integrate into my ordering.

-Mike

Typo'd from my iphone

p_wats

Nice build! Got one of those to finish as well. Are the graphics a decal? Looks great.

Have been contemplating relay bypass for a while too. I've got one of those clickless kits from Mammoth I bought to test a while back, but haven't taken the plunge yet.