News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Guitar PCB 3PDT Board for Sabertooth build?

Started by PaxWorks, October 10, 2011, 08:27:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PaxWorks

So I'm building a Sabertooth for a buddy of mine. I want to use Guitar PCB.com's 3pdt board to wire the switch. Does anyone have any experience with these boards(3pdt board) and how should I wire this up to the jacks as well?

derevaun

I used one on a recent Big Muff build. It's handy and straightforward. Basically everything (except power) meets at the 3PDT board, and the documentation is helpful.

The board has a place for the LED and its resistor, and you can mount the LED directly on the board if the hole for the resistor is closer than an inch from the hole for the switch body. I used a predrilled enclosure with the holes 1.5" apart and it wouldn't reach, so I just aimed the LED toward the hole to illuminate a plug of hot glue and I'm satisfied.

If you're accustomed to soldering on etched boards, i's a good way to go, IMHO.

mgwhit

There's a wiring diagram on the page for that item in the guitarpcb.com PCB Shop.  Just click on it and it will display large enough to read.

derevaun

Hey, I said something that made no sense:

Quote from: derevaun on October 10, 2011, 08:56:30 PM
The board has a place for the LED and its resistor, and you can mount the LED directly on the board if the hole for the resistor is closer than an inch from the hole for the switch body.

What I meant to say was that you can mount the LED directly on the 3PDT board if the hole (in the enclosure) for the LED is close to the hole for the switch body. I apologize for the error, and the responsible persons have been sacked, etc.