Previous topic - Next topic

Invertiguy

Doomsday Devices

Ekimneets

Allright Invertiguy, I see how you are.

RH 0
UT 1
L5 6
Legion of one at Black Octopus Pedalworx.

EBK

"There is a pestilence upon this land. Nothing is sacred. Even those who arrange and design shrubberies are under considerable economic stress in this period in history." --Roger the Shrubber

Ekimneets

Ekimneets

Bump

C'mon man.

157 views only 18 replies and over half of those are mine.

We can do better.

Vote!

-Mike

Bio77

I vote L5. 

To me, bigger boards have more soldering (my favorite part) and the wiring (my least favorite part) on this one seems nicely laid out.  However, not sure how you feel about the enclosure work, the L5 looks involved. 

EBK

I've looked a few times at this thread.  I could vote every time I look, if you want me to.   ;)
"There is a pestilence upon this land. Nothing is sacred. Even those who arrange and design shrubberies are under considerable economic stress in this period in history." --Roger the Shrubber

Ekimneets

Bio77,

TBH,  I haven't been able to see my way past populating the board yet. Much less the wiring or boxing.

EBK, I'm tempted. I just thought, hey free vote and I can torture a rookie! Voting would be a no brainer for me.

That having been said I am incredibly impatient. I probably just need to cool my jets for a while .

So,

RH 0
UT 1
L5 7

-M

pickdropper

As if I'm going to vote for anything other than the 1590A project.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

Ekimneets

That's it pickdropper, the road less traveled.

We need more participation though, any ideas? Anyone? Bueller?, Bueller?

Anyway, that makes it:

RH 1
UT 1
L5 7

matmosphere

I vote the Muff because if I've managed to cram a few pedals into a 1590a then anyone  should be able to.

Really just build all three though.

Ekimneets

Matmosphere, I am starting to have the same thought. Maybe this should be, which one do I build first?

I'm going to learn from all three, so why not.

RH 2
UT 1
L5 7

-Mike

ahiddentableau

L5.  You know you want to.  Think of the style/boast points when you put that build report up!

Ekimneets

Quote from: ahiddentableau on October 23, 2018, 05:57:07 AM
L5.  You know you want to.  Think of the style/boast points when you put that build report up!

I admit there's a part of me that wants to do a big build to prove that I can and that I'm not just a flash in the pan. At the same time there is appropriate trepidation, as it would not take much to mess that build up.

I've already decided that I'm going to go slow and take my time. I think this build is about sustained focus and paying attention over a long period of time, which I am not good at anymore.

The Uber I'm not really sure about, but I'm going to find out.

The rabbit hole on the other hand I think it's going to be about planning and skill.

I've already decided that I'm going to go ahead and do them in order of the number of votes they get.

Well someone was a little wordy tonight.

So,

RH 2
UT 1
L5  8

-Mike

Typo'd from my iphone

Ekimneets

So unless something really unusual happens it looks like the L5 is probably going to end up winning. Since I'm up against a gun with the move I want to head and worked my way through the BOM and found out that I need a number of things. I'm going to go over to wherever we do the parts exchanges and post what I have for trade and what I need and certainly I am not pass donations he's he so unless something really unusual happens it looks like the OR 5 is probably going to end up winning. Since I'm up against a gun with the move I want to head and worked my way through the BOM and found out that I need a number of things. I'm going to go over to wherever we do the parts exchanges and post what I have for trade and what I need and certainly I am not pass donations either.

-Mike