News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Order Switching Two-in-One

Started by irmcdermott, October 12, 2011, 04:48:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

irmcdermott

Ok,

I need help from all of those much, much, smarter than me. I've read every thread I could find on this topic and I still don't think I get it! Feeling pretty dumb right now.

Basically, I want to incorporate something like Beavis' switcher or R.G.'s Juggler, but rather than it being it's own box, I want to just put it in a two-in-one box. Make sense?

The only diagram that I've found that says that it works in a circuit is this one.

I just don't get how this works with the footswitches and everything.

madbean

Meaning you want two effects in one box and be able to switch the order of them, correct?
Just think of the main in and out as you would fx in and fx out. So, wire a bypass switch as you would with any other build but the fx in and out go to the in and out of the illustration you linked. The second switch toggles the order.

However, that does not help if you want to be able to turn each effect on and off individually. In that case, you are going to have to have three switches. The ins and outs on each of the green boards are the fx in and out of each switch. So, in this case wire two bypass switches corresponding to the two circuit boards and then the third switch is the mess of wires that toggles the order.

irmcdermott

Yeah... the latter (three switches). I know it's a crazy mess of wires. I just have someone interested something like this for a booster and O/D in one box.... so you can turn on one, or both... but if both are turned on,  you can toggle which is first in the chain.... crazy.

I don't even know how to verbally talk through this without sounding even more confusing... maybe i'll try and draw up a diagram of what I see in my head and you all can help me edit it...

Thanks for the help.

irmcdermott

Maybe this is a better question....

It doesn't look like to do this you would use a standard "two-in-one" wiring diagram, like the one found at GGG, because wiring it up that way would put the effects in series, correct? If I want to switch which one is first in the chain, they need to be independent, and then the third switch is what decides the order, right?

Gosh, I didn't think this would be this difficult to get my brain around.

I guess the only other thing, is the wires going to the toggle switch, are the coming from the circuit boards, or from my footswitches? Sheesh. I feel foolish telling this person that it could probably be done.

jkokura

If you take a piece of paper and draw out the circuits and the switches you should be able to work out how to do it Ian...

What if you built a looper box that had two true bypass loops and a switch for switching the order of the loops. Then you can use any pedals you want for it. You could probably get all that in a 125B horizontal.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

TheCobbenator

What about this?
http://diy-layout.com/49

My plan is to switch the order of a chunk chunk and OCD. Hopefully it'll work!

irmcdermott

Thanks for all the help. I'm beginning to get a handle on it. Found another diagram that sevinisthenumber posted on FSB that is helping me understand it more. I'll report back on if it works on not ::::fingers crossed::::

chip46

I put an order switch on a 2 in 1 pedal I built a while back. It was a CM PlexiTone (Boneyard) and AC Tone in one enclosure. I did bypasses for each effect like normal, and put the order switch on a toggle. I used this diagram and it worked perfect