News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Serendipity v4 No effect on signal in circuit

Started by ThatGuyThere, January 08, 2019, 02:21:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ThatGuyThere

Hi there,
I am finally getting around to building a Serendipity v4 that had been sitting around.  I am having some issues where the pedal was passing the signal through the circuit and having no effect on the sound.  I get no effect from the pots and no drive.  I know that the signal is somewhat attenuated by the sound coming out.  I do have a true bypass when it is switched off.  I have used an audio probe and am getting a signal throughout the circuit, but again, it is basically just a somewhat scratchy quieter version of the bypass signal.  Also, I am not getting the LED to light up, but that may or may not be an issue of a broken LED (I do not have a replacement at the moment).  I am wondering if the main issue would more likely be a grounding issue or an off board wiring issue.  Thanks for your help. 

madbean

No way to tell without more information. Voltages and a pic of the build/wiring are needed.

ThatGuyThere

I understand that my post was lacking. Sorry, I will get more later.  When I ground my DMM on the black line coming off of the battery (which is attached to the ring of the input jack...also, I do not have a wall wort for it right now to test with a different power source....I know- amateur) , I get 9 volts on the ground parts of the circuit.  (Like pin 4 of the IC).  When I connect the black line of the dmm on the ground wire coming off of the circuit which is attached to the other grounding lines of the circuit, I get no voltages.  This does not seem correct to me.  When I connect all of the grounds together, I get no action on the circuit, just bypass.  When I am measuring voltage against the black line of the battery, almost everything on the circuit (both transistors, all of the pins on the IC) measure about 9 volts.  I am getting the same voltage almost everywhere.  I assume that this is a problem.  Would this be a problem with the off board wiring?  Sorry, I realize that a picture would help but I am work right now.  Thanks.

madbean

Yeah there something going on with how you have things wired up. A pic showing the wiring would help a lot here.