News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Space Race

Started by Leevibe, January 19, 2019, 11:13:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pickdropper

Btw, your PC flights parts remind me of the 777 sim I did with a couple of guys about 15 years ago.  We even snagged a couple of real parts from a 737.

Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

Leevibe

Quote from: pickdropper on January 26, 2019, 09:03:43 PM
Btw, your PC flights parts remind me of the 777 sim I did with a couple of guys about 15 years ago.  We even snagged a couple of real parts from a 737.

Dang that's cool. I always thought it would be cool to learn to fly. I've never been in a simulator but when I was younger I took an introductory flight in an old Taylorcraft. I loved it! I wish I would have learned to fly when it was so accessible and actually relatively cheap. Oh well. I guess the flip side to that is that I have a good friend who is a pilot. He knew when he was a young kid that's what he was going to do with his life. He's put crazy amounts of time and work into it as a commercial pilot and he makes essentially peanuts. It's something you have to love, or don't do it.

I was telling another pilot friend of mine how I was going to age the parts on the pedal and that I was nervous about overdoing it. He made it sound like that would be almost impossible. I guess plane controls get pretty worn over the years. I suppose it could be the same for an old space craft.

323effects

The attention to detail on this is absolutely nuts... custom cut plates, aged parts, the backlit globe, 3d printed mounting brackets, LACED cloth wiring (etc., etc....)!

It's just too much... I can't.

pickdropper

Quote from: Leevibe on January 26, 2019, 09:13:22 PM
Quote from: pickdropper on January 26, 2019, 09:03:43 PM

Dang that's cool. I always thought it would be cool to learn to fly. I've never been in a simulator but when I was younger I took an introductory flight in an old Taylorcraft. I loved it! I wish I would have learned to fly when it was so accessible and actually relatively cheap. Oh well. I guess the flip side to that is that I have a good friend who is a pilot. He knew when he was a young kid that's what he was going to do with his life. He's put crazy amounts of time and work into it as a commercial pilot and he makes essentially peanuts. It's something you have to love, or don't do it.

I was telling another pilot friend of mine how I was going to age the parts on the pedal and that I was nervous about overdoing it. He made it sound like that would be almost impossible. I guess plane controls get pretty worn over the years. I suppose it could be the same for an old space craft.

Well, I built a sim with two other guys and I STILL can't fly.  I'm clearly a menace to society in the cockpit.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

Leevibe

Quote from: pickdropper on January 28, 2019, 05:38:10 PM

Well, I built a sim with two other guys and I STILL can't fly.  I'm clearly a menace to society in the cockpit.

OK, I'm just now understanding that you built that simulator. Um. Wow. That is over the top cool. I bet it cost a fortune in parts judging by the stuff I've looked at.

TNblueshawk

Holy shit. Dude, totally impressed with the amount of time and thought and then execution you put into this.

Note to self: I need to up my game.....
John

nzCdog

Wot he said. So creative, thanks for sharing the pics :)