News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Reticon SAD1024's

Started by TNblueshawk, February 08, 2019, 10:17:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TNblueshawk

I'm sort of piggy backing the other flanger thread going on now but I wanted more eyeballs on my question.

I have two SAD1024's. Is anyone aware of a PCB project out there that employs these? I've searched and have come up empty.
John

czapa tranzystor 2

Mich P

"One One Seven" by the Boss !
Mich P.

somnif

There are also usually a ton of old chorus and flanger pedals up on Reverb/Ebay, dirt cheap, that just need a new chip, if you want some vintage flair.

TNblueshawk

Quote from: czapa tranzystor 2 on February 08, 2019, 10:31:02 AM
Verified
http://moosapotamus.net/ADAflanger-SAD1024.html

Well crap. He says he is not selling PCB's any longer. Any thoughts on why? Getting too much flack from someone?
John

Scruffie

Quote from: TNblueshawk on February 08, 2019, 12:33:02 PM
Quote from: czapa tranzystor 2 on February 08, 2019, 10:31:02 AM
Verified
http://moosapotamus.net/ADAflanger-SAD1024.html

Well crap. He says he is not selling PCB's any longer. Any thoughts on why? Getting too much flack from someone?
He hasn't sold SAD1024 boards in about 10 years for the same reason there aren't any layouts, not enough people actually have one laying around any more for it to be worthwhile.
Works at Lectric-FX

TNblueshawk

Certainly makes sense dang it.
John

lars

I was pretty positive that General Guitar Gadgets used to make a pcb for a Deluxe Electric Mistress (SAD1024 - based) clone, and it wasn't that long ago I remember seeing it. Although only the PDF schematic is available on their site now, it wouldn't hurt to shoot them an email to see if they have any boards still in back stock. (It's doubtful they sold out of them, they probably just took the listing down because nobody was buying them anymore; no SAD1024's available.)
Yep. I clicked the, "continue without supporting us" link....

Scruffie

Good call, they did have one, although they might have just very slowly sold out of them and then let it die.

If that's a dead end, find enough people with a SAD1024 and beg Haberdasher to adapt the Flintlock for a one off run ;)
Works at Lectric-FX

TNblueshawk

Just shot GGG a message. Should be interesting to see what they shoot back. Thanks.
John