News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

What do you do with an enclosure that you messed up?

Started by sarde, February 21, 2019, 11:18:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

davent

You can also get nylon/plastic hole plugs in various diameters that are very low profile and snap into the hole. Good for a spot that may not need nearby redrilling, makes it look like a hole that will come into play for a future option, planning ahead.
dave
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown

If my photos are missing again... they're hosted by photobucket... and as of 06/2017 being held hostage... to be continued?

pickdropper

Quote from: davent on February 22, 2019, 09:45:11 AM
You can also get nylon/plastic hole plugs in various diameters that are very low profile and snap into the hole. Good for a spot that may not need nearby redrilling, makes it look like a hole that will come into play for a future option, planning ahead.
dave

Or you can leave them open as tone ventsTM
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

TNblueshawk

Quote from: pickdropper on February 22, 2019, 11:18:36 AM
dave

Nice. I never thought of a ported pedal. That would let the caps breath a little.
John

pedalman

I mod cheap guitars because my local music store said not to.

pedalman

Quote from: TNblueshawk on February 22, 2019, 12:38:50 PM
dave

Nice. I never thought of a ported pedal. That would let the caps breath a little.

Wouldn't all the electrons fall out ? Jeeze.....
I mod cheap guitars because my local music store said not to.

pickdropper

Quote from: pedalman on March 23, 2019, 10:05:19 AM
Quote from: TNblueshawk on February 22, 2019, 12:38:50 PM
dave

Wouldn't all the electrons fall out ? Jeeze.....

Only with through-hole parts.  SMT parts keep the electrons in through surface mount tension.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

thesmokingman

be creative like Buick and call them cruiserline ventiports
once upon a time I was Tornado Alley FX